- Characterful patina
- Long-time enthusiast ownership
- Repainted Ford Winchester Blue in period
- Period-authentic example of a Lambretta legend
The TV175 (Turismo Veloce) was the first model of the LI range, a new breed of more performance-oriented scooter that Lambretta designed to take the fight back to Vespa. By the time of the Series 2, engine problems had been ironed out (with redesigned engine/gearbox components and different gear ratios), and the suspension – external shock absorbers up front – had been redesigned to give a more supple and compliant ride.
This well-maintained example was repainted in-period in a Ford colour; Winchester Blue (a colour very much beloved of Zodiac owners). It wears its road-riding scars proudly, and shows an engaging patina across the paintwork. The characteristic TV decal is boldly displayed on the leg-shield, while the highly-polished chrome side panels make for a striking presence.
THE HISTORY AND PAPERWORK
- Nice collection of tax discs and mileage-authenticating MoT certificates
- Letter authenticating the scooter’s provenance from Lambretta Club UK
- Scooter underwent mechanical refresh in 2019 with Thames Scooter services
- Further fettling by Scooter Restorations in 2020
- Owned by knowledgeable Lambretta collector
- Presented in original, unrestored condition
- Chromed, logoed side panels an attractive feature
- Original saddle in excellent shape
- All rubber parts, runners and seals very presentable
- Some weathering underneath
- All original badges/decals present and correct
- Front chromed mudguard/wheel-arch weathered but good
- Frame is robust and in good condition
- Some small patches of light surface corrosion, but nothing structurally worrying
- Rear parcel rack pitted
- 175cc air-cooled single
- Robust electrical system
- The scooter starts readily and runs smoothly
- Engine and gearbox appear weathered but in good overall condition, with no signs of leaks
- Hoses appear quite healthy.
- Suspension and brake components in good condition
- Some corrosion to exhaust components
Perhaps best described as a sports touring model, these chic Bertone-designed scooters have a firm following both in Europe and the UK. It’s nice to see an original condition example – okay, repainted in period – but that in itself adds to the appeal, evoking memories of the wider (young) motoring scene from the Britain of the late Fifties and early Sixties. With a (gentle) polishing, this will be quite a machine to turn up on at any scooter meet.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions