- Restored by a previous owner to a very high standard
- Excellent example of a Coombs replica
- Ready to drive and enjoy
- Manual Overdrive (Chassis number suffix DN)
- Power Steering
The standard MkII Jag’ might be an iconic car in its own right but the cars modified for racing by the Coombs team are the stuff of legend. Fully restored by a previous owner as a full Coombs replica, this MkII is a fantastic looking car from every angle. From the enhanced wheel arches, to the chrome wire wheels and louvred bonnet it’s a tasteful evocation of the famous 60’s racing cars from the Coombs team.
Whilst the restoration isn’t documented it’s clearly been done to an exacting standard as the car presents beautifully throughout. The current owner informs us that as part of the restoration the 3.8l engine was tuned and fitted with triple SU carb, giving this classic Jaguar some real pace as well as superb looks. It’s in excellent condition inside, outside and mechanically and the six cylinder engine sounds fantastic. Ready to drive and enjoy, this MkII is a rare opportunity to own one of the iconic cars.
The History and Paperwork
- Tax and MOT exempt
- First registered February 1965
- V5 Present and correct
- Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust certificate applied for
- Classic 60’s British styling
- Deep red leather seats front and rear in very good condition
- The large boot presents very well complete with red trim to match the interior
- Carpeting and headlining present superbly
- Webasto sunroof
- All of the gauges and controls work as they should
- Door cards are finished in matching red and present very well
- Wood and chrome Moto-Lita steering wheel adds to the classic sportscar feel
- Walnut dashboard looks fantastic and presents well with some minor signs of wear
Opening the door of this MkII Jag for the first time is like stepping back in time. The inside is every part the perfectly styled 60’s British luxury car. From the plush red leather seats, to the walnut dashboard and Moto-Lita steering wheel, the interior of this Jag is as cool as they come.
Re-trimmed in red leather with matching carpets by a previous owner, the interior of this Jag is simply gorgeous. It’s in fantastic condition throughout, the seats showing almost no signs of wear, with the wide walnut dashboard presenting beautifully and the headlining is similarly fantastic condition.
- Looks fantastic finished in Old English White
- Superb refined 60’s styling
- All of the chromed wire wheels present superbly
- Louvred Coombs style bonnet
- Faired wheel arches
- The brightwork is in excellent condition
- All of the light lenses, badges, windows and trim are in excellent condition
The MkII jag is a gorgeous looking car, widely regarded as one of the classic Jaguar designs, its styling is as suave and sophisticated today as it was sixty years ago. With faired wheel arches, wire spoke wheels and a louvred bonnet the Coombs design has really stood the test of time and really sets this MkII apart. With its distinctive front end and curving lines the MkII is instantly recognisable and the Coombs replica additions only add to the already fine looks of this classic Jaguar.
The exterior presents superbly throughout and the car has clearly been very well cared for. The vendor reports that the car was extensively restored by a previous owner and it’s certainly reflected in the condition of the exterior. The chrome wire spoke wheels look superb, the Old English White paint presents very well and the brightwork is excellent throughout.
- Superb 3,781cc six cylinder engine
- Manual Overdrive (Chassis number suffix DN)
- Sounds fantastic through the twin exhaust
- No unwanted noises
- Starts easily and idles smoothly
- The vendor reports that the car drives exactly as it should
- The vendor informs us that as part of the restoration by the previous owner that the engine has been tuned and fitted with triple SU carburettors
- Stainless steel exhaust
- Engine, engine bay and underside all present superbly
The fantastic six cylinder 3.8l Jaguar engine starts easily and sounds superb through the twin stainless steel exhausts. It also means this car has got some real legs, offering the kind of performance that will put a smile on anyone's face.
As with the rest of this MkII, the mechanical aspects of the car all present exceptionally well. From the engine bay to the underside of the car it has all clearly been very well cared for. Extensively restored by a previous owner and what has evidently been a no expense spared approach to maintenance since, it is a superb example of this classic British Car.
The MkII was a fantastic British luxury car that saw success as a racing car with the Coombs team and is a superb replica that is ready to drive and enjoy. Whilst we don’t have extensive history for this Jaguar it’s clear from the condition of the car that it has both been restored to a very high standard and exceptionally well cared for ever since.
Good MkII’s are becoming harder to find and good Coombs replicas are even rarer, making this one a fantastic opportunity to own a great British Classic that would make a fine addition to any collection.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions