Vendor supplied images
- Exceptional Coupe Utility - scarcely seen outside the States
- Swathe of modifications including the 454cu in. V8 ‘Big Block’
- Air suspension system with height adjustment
- Electronic injection and ignition
- Excellent interior with plenty of period styling
If you approach the El Camino from the front, you’d be forgiven for thinking it as a standard Chevrolet passenger coupe - but a quick step to the side changes all that. This is the Coupe Utility, a passenger car that thinks it’s a pick-up. Or a pick-up that thinks it’s a passenger car. These big, muscular motors represented the best of both worlds, and continue to be highly prized cars today.
This 4th generation example is a particularly fine one. Subject a few years ago to a full restoration, the car has been extensively modified to create the ideal muscle car. It’s now carrying the biggest V8 ever fitted to the 4th-gen Camino and a height-adjustable air suspension - complete with electronic upgrades, a full rebuild and a practically new body shell.
If you’re in the market for a great big pick-up coupe, you won’t find many better than this.
The History and Paperwork
- Assembled at Chevrolet’s Fremont, California plant
- First registered in the USA in 1968
- Arrived in Sweden in July 2010
- The car went through five owners while in Sweden
- From February 2023 until its export date, the car was registered as not in traffic
- In April 2023, the car was exported to France
- Here, it’s remained in its current ownership
- The car still carries a Swedish registration
- Currently indicates 44,473 miles on a five-figure odometer
- Sadly this mileage can’t be authenticated
- The car has done only around 7,000 miles since 2012 according to its inspection history
- The vehicle has FFVE certification
- Impressive period-style interior with Malibu trim
- Black vinyl seats in very good order with no rips or tears
- The door cards are also in nice condition with no issues to report
- Dashboard in fine fettle with skull detailing and original instruments
- The dials and instruments all look in good order with nothing amiss
- We’ve no reports of issues to the electronics or features
- The array is completed with a wood-trimmed steering wheel
- The car also includes a new sound system
- The central compartment carries the control console for the air suspension
- The car also features a Holley EFI monitor unit
- Both of these appear to be in good working order
- The carpets and headlining are in good condition throughout
- The footwells are protected by what look like original El Camino mats
- Round the back, the sizeable flat bed is in solid order with a good, clean floor
- This also carries the air tank for the suspension equipment
Boasting the perfect level of period styling with custom-mod cons - and a particularly fitting skull motif - this Camino was originally decked out in the handsome Malibu trim, which still appears largely intact. Free of rips and tears, and beautifully presented, it’s a very evocative ride - conjuring up the Beatles and the Bee Gees while offering plenty of modern innovations to keep it usable and engaging.
- Camel-backed American styling
- 17ft length with a long nose and impressive truck bed
- Bodywork is almost entirely new and presents beautifully
- Solid and tightly-knit with no unseemly gaps
- We can’t spot any dents or dings
- The car’s paintwork is in excellent order with only very light wear
- Chromework and branding carries some light signs of use but still looks superb
- The glasswork and lenses are in very good order
- The car’s vinyl roof coating is nice and clean with no bubbles or blisters
- When the suspension is lifted, we can see the arches are in solid order
- The car is sat on a set of sporty-looking black alloys
- These are wearing a set of Vredestein tyres, which look in good condition
- Underneath, the car is in solid condition with only minor signs of wear
- Air suspension components are proudly on display in good order
What a remarkable looker this Camino is. Picked out in bright silver and black, with plenty of chromework, this impressive car is a super-sized piece of pure Americana, with a long nose and streaking rear bed. It’s the sort of car that’s bound to raise eyebrows and admiring glances - and is beautifully restored to create an incredible piece of machinery.
- Highly impressive and re-engined
- Originally fitted with a 307 cu in. 5L ‘Small Block’ V8
- The car now carries the 454 cu in. 7.4L ‘Big Block’ V8
- This is the largest engine the car ever carried and is the definition of ‘muscle’!
- This equates to more than 300bhp
- Automatic transmission
- Heavily modified with Ridetech air-lift suspension
- Fitted with an Optima high-performance AGM battery
- Holley Sniper Electronic Fuel Injection
- Electronic Ignition
- Rewired throughout
- We note the continuous ‘Hey! Ho! Let’s Go!’ motif, perfect for fans of The Ramones
- The car is reportedly in excellent working order
- The air suspension was operated without fault for the photographs
- We’ve no reports of any leaks, knocks, bangs, or smoke
With a swathe of fabulous modifications, this El Camino is bound to be a star attraction for any custom car enthusiast. It’s been packed full with top specs, top mods and now offers a driving experience better than it ever had rolling out of Fremont.
Clearly cossetted, and presented in excellent condition, we’re sure this big American motor will get even the most jaded enthusiast excited.
Lesser-spotted outside of the USA, this remarkable car is a truly top-notch example that’s bound to turn plenty of heads. From its impressive proportions to the remarkable mechanics, this is a truly unique opportunity.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions