- Imported from California, previously registered in Texas
- Much recent mechanical work carried out
- A game-changing classic sports car
The 240Z is rightly regarded as one of the most influential sports cars of the 20th century. It brought Japanese manufacturing excellence to the market and proved to be a sales success.
This particular Datsun spent much of its life in the US, having been registered in both California and Texas. We’re told it stood unused in storage from 1995 until shortly before the current owner exported it to the UK.
Registered in Britain since February this year, the vendor has carried out a long list of works to ensure this 240Z is a reliable vehicle. This has included professional welding, wiring and an overhaul of the braking system.
So don’t hesitate to add this superbly capable 240Z to your collection, it’s sure to be a great driver’s car.
The History and Paperwork
- Manufactured in 1972
- First registered in the UK in February 2022
- Hand written mileage record
- Californian ‘Certificate of Title’
- Texas registration receipt
- Original Sherwood cassette player manual
- Said to have been in long term storage from 1995 until recently
- Smart two-tone leather seats
- Upholstery appears to be in generally good condition
- Some wear to the driver’s bolster
- A little damage to the door cards
- The dashboard cover fitted and in good condition
- The carpets are clean throughout, with some signs of wear
- Some wear to the carpet on the transmission tunnel
- Replacement plastic centre console included
- Headlining appears clean and secure
- Heated and tinted rear screen
- Spacious, carpeted luggage area, with tie-down straps
- The car was previously registered in California and Texas, so it has probably led a dry life
- Some professional welding has been completed since import
- The vendor notes that the only area which could be improved is two small sections on the rear inner wheel arches
- There are some dents in the roof, presumably from when the car was in long term storage
- The car was originally orange
- Underneath the car appears to be in good clean condition, with some areas of surface corrosion on the suspension components
- Some protective underseal has been applied
- The paint looks to be in good used condition throughout, with a few small chips and scratches
- The vendor has fitted new rubber plugs throughout the boot floor, floor pan, tailgate and fire wall, and new tailgate seals
- Chrome fittings are generally good, with some peeling to the rear badges, and pitting to the bumpers
- The lamp lenses appear to be clear and bright
- 2,393cc straight-six engine produces 150hp
- The vendor tells us that the following mechanical work has been carried out:
- Coolant hoses and coolant replaced
- New rear brake cylinders
- Front brake callipers rebuilt, and new brake pads fitted
- New brake master cylinder
- Clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and hose replaced
- New fuel filter and pump (fitted in November 2022)
- All fuel hoses replaced with uprated rubber hoses
- Gear linkage bushes and inner boot replaced
- New distributor cap, rotor arm, spark plugs and leads
- New rocker cover gasket
- Electrical system converted to UK specification by a specialist
- New battery fitted
Clearly this Datsun has been the recipient of considerable expenditure in order to make it a reliable car for the road. We’re sure its next owner won’t be able to resist the temptation to take it for a drive. And it’s especially suited to grand touring or historic rallying.
For anyone in the market for a classic sports car, a 240Z is always an eminently sensible choice.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions