- In same ownership since 1992
- Only three owners from new
- MOT’d and ready to drive
The Volkswagen was originally designed to provide an affordable car for a nation and evolved into one of the most successful and iconic cars of all time. With an instantly recognizable shape and styling and a distinctive sound the 1300 provides both the looks and a great driving experience that any true petrolhead can appreciate.
This Beetle is perfect for anyone looking for an easy restoration project that will result in a timeless classic. Well maintained with only three owners from new and a long MOT this Beetle is ready to enjoy.
The History and Paperwork
- V5 present
- MOT until June 2023
- Extensive selection of previous MOTs
- Good overall condition
- Minor signs of wear to the seats with one small rip as shown in the images
- Headlining, carpets, door cards and dashboard all in very good condition
- HIghly original
- Everything works as it should with the exception of the cassette
The interior of a VW Beetle is a place that will bring back fond memories for generations of people and this one benefits from being highly original. Whilst there might be a small tear in the driver's seat, this in no way diminishes the comfort and overall driving experience offered by this Beetle, comfortable and easy going classic motoring at its finest. Overall the interior presents very well for the mileage.
- Wheels are solid but would benefit from cosmetic restoration
- Trim, windows and light lenses all in good condition
- Front and rear bumpers would benefit from attention
- Paintwork in good overall condition with some small areas of surface rust around the edges of the wheel arches
The VW Beetle is perhaps the most instantly recognisable car the world over. With such a distinctive shape they have become iconic classics in their own right. Finished in beige this Beetle has the classic looks and presents well overall. The paintwork is generally in good condition with a few areas requiring some attention as shown in the images. The trim, light lenses and windows are all in very good condition and the bumpers have some small dents.
- Starts easily and runs well
- Sounds smooth with no unwanted noises
- The owner reports that it drives as it should
- Right hand main beam replaced in 2014
- New carburettor in 2017
The car has been in the ownership of the same family since 1982 and with the owner since 1992, and has been meticulously maintained during this time. The engine bay presents very well and the underside is clean and in good condition. The car comes with MOT until June 2023 and the owner reports that it starts, idles and drives very well with no unwanted noises.
The Beetle is an iconic car, recognised the world over. This particular Beetle is ready for a new owner to enjoy, well maintained and with a long MOT it’s ready for the road.
Notice to bidders
Although every care is taken to ensure this listing is as factual and transparent as possible, all details within the listing are subject to the information provided to us by the seller. Car & Classic does not take responsibility for any information missing from the listing. Please ensure you are satisfied with the vehicle description and all information provided before placing a bid.
As is normal for most auctions, this vehicle is sold as seen, and therefore the Sale of Goods Act 1979 does not apply. All bids are legally binding once placed. Any winning bidder who withdraws from a sale, is subject to our bidders fee charge. Please see our FAQs and T&C's for further information. Viewings of vehicles are encouraged, but entirely at the seller's discretion.
Please see our FAQ's
and our Terms & Conditions