- Nice original example
- Rare sunroof
- Low mileage
- 2 owners from new
- Nice all-round condition
The BMW E21 is a truly iconic car that laid down the groundwork for what evolved into the E30. Launched in 1975 with a range of petrol engines, this 1978 model has the superior 2.0 litre straight-six engine and makes for an incredibly smooth ride, one that has become synonymous with the name BMW.
Previously owned by one gentleman for 45 years and garaged throughout his ownership, the car has done a shade over 56,000 miles, and since the pandemic, only made outings to the MOT centre, despite now holding historical status and being exempt.
The car presents exceptionally well for its age and is certainly a rare sight on the roads today. There are numerous bills to show regular maintenance through later years although the service book has sadly been lost. However, the engine appears in good order, has benefitted from a recent service, and in this condition, will certainly generate significant bidding interest. Not to mention it has an electric sunroof which is rare on this model.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 1978
- 2 owners from new
- Brand new MOT
- Haynes manual and original owner’s handbook
- V5c present
- Full size spare, jack and brace
- Full green cloth leather interior is completely original and presented in good order. There is some slight sagging to the drivers seat and a few marks here and there, but it all appears free from rips or tears
- Front headrests
- Carpets good with overmats
- Electric sunroof works as it did on day one
- The dashboard is free from cracks and all the switchgear is there and works as it should
- The centre console vinyl is starting to come free but this could corrected quite easily
- Door cards are all there with handles and pockets still intact
- Dry carpeted boot with full size spare, sadly not much remains of the original toolkit, just a solitary spanner
- Nice condition Green paintwork with black vinyl roof with just a few imperfections to be found around the car
- Small stone chip to bonnet
- Small dent and scratches to the front grille
- Wheel arches all in good shape
- Some minor scuffs to the bumpers
- Nearside wing mirror has a few scratches and there is some minor pitting starting to show
- Offside rear brake light has a small crack but all other lights are in good shape
- Original BMW wheels all look in good shape, the tyres have plenty of tread and it has two new front tyres
- 2.0 litre straight six engine
- Automatic gearbox
- Recent oil change and service
- Solid underneath
- The car drives incredibly smoothly thanks to that straight six, and the vendor advises there are no issues to report or advise
This classic BMW 320 Automatic is a true gem for collectors and enthusiasts alike. With its sleek lines, iconic kidney grille, and renowned round headlights, it captures the essence of BMW's design philosophy from the era.
The 2.0-liter 6-cylinder engine provides a smooth and responsive driving experience, while the automatic transmission ensures effortless cruising. Overall, in fantastic condition for its age, this is a great opportunity to own a timeless piece of automotive history.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions