Vendor supplied images
- 2.9L V8 with 5-speed manual transmission
- Targa-top body with impeccable styling by Pininfarina
- Highly original driver-focused cockpit in Nero leather
Introduced in 1975, the 308 managed to set itself as a hallmark for the future of Ferrari. With impeccable styling, a chunky V8 powerplant and a sleek rear buttress design, they were the definition of Italian style for their day - to such an extent that they became a pop-culture icon.
It’s fair to say that the 308 owes much of its iconic nature to Magnum PI, where it offered the moustachioed icon the perfect pursuit vehicle. In reality, of course, we can’t imagine the authorities zipping about in these remarkable wedge-shaped wonders, but you can guarantee it’d increase the capture rate.
With its impressive power reserves, glamorous cockpit and - of course - those all-important pop-up headlights, these were a remarkable red-letter moment for the legendary Italian brand and remain as hugely useable, capable classics today.
Originally built to US emission-control specification, this car is back to its original European spec, with every ounce of horsepower available for the lucky new owner.
The History and Paperwork
- Built in 1979
- Originally intended for the US market with built-in Emissions Control
- The car soon found its way to Germany in the late ‘90s
- While in Germany, the Emission Controls were removed, turning the car to its full potential
- The car is now based in Czechia
- Currently indicates 48,107 miles on a five-figure odometer
- We can’t verify this as an authentic mileage
- However, the car does look like a low-mileage example
- The car’s paperwork file is fairly scarce with only the registration paperwork available
- Impressive Nero leather cabin in highly original order
- Loaded with retro Italian glamour
- Tidy dashboard with an impressive array of centre-console switches
- All instruments are clean and well-kept with each dial easy to read
- We've not been informed of any technical issues with the interior options
- Nicely-kept Momo steering wheel
- Plush, well-kept seats and door cards with only gentle creasing
- The carpets are in good order with only the lightest signs of wear
- We understand the Targa panels to be watertight with clean headlining
- The boot is in good order, mounted behind the engine
The cabin of this 308 is something to behold. With its beautiful leather upholstery and array of central controls, the car feels driver-orientated, comfortable and sophisticated - loaded with charisma and class. Jet black throughout, the bucket seats are free of any significant wear, while every Veglia dial looks in good working order.
The prominent tachometer hints at the car’s racing heritage, while the Momo wheel defines itself ably with its bold steel spokes. There aren’t many cars so thoughtfully or evocatively designed, and this one’s superb condition makes for a real selling point.
- Highly impressive Pininfarina bodywork
- Painted in Ferrari’s ever-iconic Rosso Corsa
- Bodywork is in excellent order with no dents or dings
- The car’s paintwork is in good order with only light signs of wear
- We can spot some minor blistering above the rear bumper
- There’s also some light bubbling on the doors, just above the sills
- However, these appear quite isolated and are in line with an Italian car of this era
- There is some gentle scratching and swirling, though nothing of consequence
- The car’s trims and contrasting panels are in good order with light wear
- The glasswork and lenses are in fine fettle throughout
- The car is sat on its original Borbet wheels
- These are shod in a full set of Falken tyres
- The vendor informs us that the underside is solid and well-kept
This is the sort of car that looks fast even when standing still. The aerodynamic, extravagant yet sophisticated bodywork of the 308 is remarkable from every angle, with sharp angles and subtle curves creating a sweeping, low profile that’s become synonymous with Ferrari.
With only light signs of wear, this example is clean and nicely kept with a rich, attractive tone to the Rosso red, all brandings intact and a good, tight fit for the Targa top. The car is sitting on its original Borbet wheels, which carry good tyres.
Put simply, it carries every bit of the model’s natural glamour - and should prove highly seductive for even the most discerning enthusiast.
- 2.9L Tipo F106 AB V8 powerplant
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Capable of 252bhp
- The engine bay is in good order with only light signs of wear
- The car looks to be in fine mechanical order throughout
- The vendor informs us that the car runs perfectly with a good, smooth gear change
- We’ve no reports of any leaks, knocks, bangs or smoke
While the 308GTS may seem modest by modern sports standards, the lightweight bodywork and impeccable aerodynamics make this a very capable car that defies its specs on paper. Capable of nearly 160mph, these cars turned plenty of heads in their day and will still exhilarate any motorist.
With a good, clean engine bay and a clean bill of health, we’re sure this car will become a crown jewel in your collection.
Utterly iconic. This finely sculpted, nicely kept car boasts an exceptional cabin, tight bodywork and plenty of retro glamour. These cars are the perfect balance of cultural significance and sheer refinement - and a keystone in Ferrari’s repertoire.
We’ve no doubt this one will attract plenty of attention.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions