- A very original example with some charming patination accrued over the years
- The vendor informs us that it has a current Spanish technical inspection
- Reportedly in perfect running order and riding really well
Intended as a compact touring motorcycle, the BMW R65 is the kind of machine you can depend upon for mile after mile of comfortable cruising. Powered by a charismatic horizontally opposed twin, sending power to the rear wheels via a drive-shaft, this BMW is beautifully engineered and has certainly become a sought after classic.
Presented in very good, original condition, here we have a 1982 example that’s registered in Spain. With some delightful patination on show, this is a really usable example that the vendor assures us is in excellent shape mechanically. Complete with its necessary documentation and a valid Spanish technical inspection, this is not one to miss out on.
The History and Paperwork
- Spanish registration documents present
- The vendor informs us that the technical inspection is up to date and valid
- No signs of corrosion or frame damage
- The fuel tank does not appear to have any big dents
- All the chrome presents well, with few blemishes
- Besides some age related wear, the bars and instrumentation present rally well overall
- The vendor points out some wear to the seat upholstery, although there are reportedly no cracks
- The left hand front indicator mounting has been repaired and a weld is still clearly visible
- General light scratches to the paintwork, but nothing major
- The alloy wheels present very well for their age
- The vendor comments that the tyres are about fifty percent worn
- 650 cc horizontally opposed twin
- The vendor reports that the engine is in perfect running order
- Reportedly changing gear smoothly and braking as it should
- We’re informed that it runs and rides impeccably
- Current Spanish technical inspection
If you’re looking for a mechanically interesting, usable classic motorcycle, then look no further than this 1982 BMW R65. presented in good overall condition, with some charming patina and a good few original features intact, this is a charming machine and a fine addition to any collection.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Shipping and transfer
Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased. Car & Classic may refer a shipping company that also deals with import/export paperwork. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders. For more details, email [email protected]
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions