- Only 54,000 miles from new
- Spectacular condition inside and out
- Totally original and unmodified
This is a stunning example of a rare limited edition Mini Advantage that is totally original and unmodified.
Because the interior and exterior condition is excellent throughout, and the mechanicals are in superb order too, this charming and beautiful car presents itself as a magnificent opportunity to purchase a sought-after classic Mini in a unique specification.
The History and Paperwork
- One of only 2,500 limited edition Mini Advantages ever produced for the UK market
- Originally supplied new to a UK buyer, registered in August of 1987
- Very low mileage for its age
- Folder of invoices for recent work completed
- Previous owner was a classic car mechanic who specialised in Minis
- MOT until 09 September 2022; previous pass was first time with no advisories
The vendor acquired this lovely example from a Mini specialist who carefully looked after it during his ownership, ensuring that it ran and drove exactly as it should do.
After a couple of enjoyable years of ownership, always taking it out for a run every week to keep everything running well, he has decided to sell it to make way for another classic vehicle that is more suited to a wedding car business.
- Totally original, unmodified and in near-perfect condition
- Original seats unique to the Mini Advantage are in fantastic shape
- Carpets, headlining and door cards all in excellent order
- All dials, gauges and switches work as intended with the exception of the radio which is believed to be original and wired up but does not function
The vendor informs us that there are virtually no blemishes, scuffs or damage anywhere on the inside, and rates the overall condition as very close to being a ten out of ten.
- Exterior in tremendous condition with no known bodywork damage or paint blemishes - even the wheel arches and door shots are extraordinarily clean
- Mirrors, lights, bumpers badges and other items of trim are in great shape
- Pleasingly, the original Mini Advantage wheel trims remain with the car and are in excellent order, the current owner having fitted cable ties to ensure they are not lost
- Tyres have been replaced within the last three years and are therefore in great condition
- Underside said to be extremely clean with no visual signs of corrosion or previous repair work
- Windscreen and windows are perfect
Rating the car a nine out of ten for exterior condition, the owner informs us that the body and paintwork are in remarkably good shape and that any potential buyer is highly unlikely to be disappointed with the way it looks.
- Mechanics are said to be in excellent order with no known faults
- Engine bay is superb: clean, tidy and unmodified
- 998cc engine starts on the button and sounds lovely under acceleration with no oil leaks or smoke
- Vehicle is said to accelerate well throughout the rev range
- Changes gear exactly as it should do with no untoward noises from the transmission
- Brakes (including the hand brake) function exactly as they should
The vendor reports that the car drives fantastically well, with typical peppy performance and great handling as expected of a classic Mini.
Overall, the condition of the mechanical components are indicative of a car that has been properly cared for throughout its life.
Excellent low-mileage example of a rare limited edition mini in spectacular condition inside and out.
Notice to bidders
Although every care is taken to ensure this listing is as factual and transparent as possible, all details within the listing are subject to the information provided to us by the seller. Car & Classic does not take responsibility for any information missing from the listing. Please ensure you are satisfied with the vehicle description and all information provided before placing a bid.
As is normal for most auctions, this vehicle is sold as seen, and therefore the Sale of Goods Act 1979 does not apply. All bids are legally binding once placed. Any winning bidder who withdraws from a sale, is subject to our bidders fee charge.
Please see our FAQs and T&C's for further information. Viewings of vehicles are encouraged, but entirely at the seller's discretion.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions