- Just 34,298 miles and four owners from new
- Original bodywork reportedly never welded and still in fantastic condition
- Accompanied by a substantial history file
There’s something rather pleasing about an original, unrestored classic with few miles on the odometer. A car loses something when it’s restored - even when it’s done really well and these survivors provide us with the closest possible experience to what they were like to own new.
This E30 3 Series looks and feels just right. It has a mere 34,298 miles under its belt, confirmed by a well documented MOT history. The bodywork is original, reportedly unwelded and only the nearside front wing has ever been repainted. Following a period in storage, the current owner has spent around £3,000 recommissioning the car which has included polybushing the suspension.
Offered with a substantial history file, MOT valid until March 2024 and in great driving order, this is a lovely example that’s not to be missed.
The History and Paperwork
- Just three previous keepers
- In present ownership since March 2023
- MOT valid until March 2024
- Retains its original book pack and service booklet
- Original bill of sale from Millcars Ltd
- Collection of old tax discs and MOT certificates which support the low mileage
- Collection of invoices for parts and serving over the years
- Recommissioned by the current owner following a period in dry storage
- Leather upholstery not original to the car
- The seats are in very good order and the vendor reports them to be exceedingly comfortable
- Blaupunkt Valencia retro-style modern stereo system
- No signs of UV damage to the plastics or dash top
- Slight patina to the dashboard in places, but certainly nothing excesive
- All the original controls present well with minimal wear
- Very smart carpeting
- The boot space looks in great shape and is complete with factory tool kit
- All the instruments read clearly and we understand all to be in full working order
- Door trims and headlining in good order
- Gazelle Beige paintwork largely in excellent original order
- The nearside front wing has been repainted in the past and matches quite well
- Complete with period correct wheel trims which are in nice shape
- High quality Continental tyres, all reportedly in good order having been replaced recently
- Very straight bodywork which is original and reportedly never welded
- Still looks to be immensely solid and straight underneath
- 2.0-litre M20 straight-six with fuel injection
- Automatic gearbox
- Presents immensely well under the bonnet
- Said to drive impeccably
We’re provided with the following recent maintenance history:
- New timing belt, exhaust and thermostat fitted in 2014
- New battery fitted in 2019
- New fuel filter, ignition coil and radiator fitted in 2021
- In 2023, all hoses, brake fluid, spark plugs, engine oil, coolant and gearbox oil were changed
- In addition, the bushes were changed for poly items, the wheel alignment was reset, fuel system overhauled and power steering overhauled
Seldom does a UK supplied ‘80s saloon emerge in such incredible original condition. The E30 has experienced a resurgence in popularity during recent years and this 320i is amongst the finest original right-hand drive examples you’re likely to find.
It benefits from copious expenditure in recent years which has ensured the car is as composed to drive as it ever was. With its incredibly low mileage and well documented history, this is the one you’ve been looking for…
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check, to verify that they show no insurance database markers for damage or theft, and have no finance owing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection or delivery.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions