- Highly original and beautifully restored by a marque specialist in Los Angeles CA
- Presented in excellent overall condition
- Sold with US Title and registration
Dubbed the first ‘sports tourer’, the BMW R100RS proved that you could successfully combine comfort and performance, without compromising one for the other. It spawned a whole new genre of motorcycle and as such, has become a highly sought after classic.
Here we have a commendable original and very well presented 1989 example. Regularly serviced, reportedly riding impeccably and offered with an advisory-free MOT valid until June 2024, it’s a truly excellent example that’s undoubtedly worthy of your consideration.
The History and Paperwork
- Service invoice from 4th August 2023 amounting to £543.69
- Certificate of Exportation from California, USA
- Offered with US Title and registration
- 86,109 miles indicated
- Californian licence plate still attached
- Retains its original white colour scheme with factory correct vinyls
- Rare K100 bars and handlebar commands
- Excellent seat upholstery, free from excessive wear
- Twin seat with additional pegs for pillion passenger
- Handsome alloy wheels, both appearing in excellent order
- The fairing looks to be free from damage, as does the screen
- Period-correct BMW panniers fitted and in lovely shape
- No dents or corrosion evident to the fuel tank or frame
- All instruments look to be in good working order
- Equipped with mirrors, lights and indicators
- Avon tyres which appear in fantastic order
- Only light wear to the original BMW grips
- 980 cc four-stroke horizontally opposed twin
- Five-speed gearbox
- All the engine casings present impeccably
- No corrosion to the exhaust
- Twin disc brakes up front with a drum brake at the rear
- Said to be running and riding very well indeed
For those seeking a supremely original and well restored R100RS, this is amongst the finest examples you’re likely to find. Imported from the dry State of California, it’s now ready to UK register and enjoy.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection or delivery.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions