- Superb example of the performance Fiesta
- Lightly modified while still maintaining plenty of originality
- Valid MOT until September 2024 with no advisories
- Original Recaro fabric interior
The Fiesta RS Turbo has gone down as something of a legend. These hatchback ‘pocket rockets’ were introduced in April 1990 and were in production for two years - during which they became the car of choice for would-be boy racers eager to stomp their wares. Affordable, well-built and capable, they were an impressive example of the 90s Hot Hatch.
The natural offshoot was that these became one of Britain’s most modified cars - whether they were souped up within an inch of their lives or crashed into lamp posts. As a result, highly original examples like this one are a scarce sight.
With only gentle modifications to bring it up to top-notch performance, this RS Turbo is beautifully turned out with its Recaro interior all present and correct. Whether it’s a retro daily-driver or a crowd-pleaser at car shows, this is a perfect pick.
The History and Paperwork
- Built in 1991
- First registered in August of the same year
- In current ownership since July 2022
- Valid MOT until September 2024
- Currently indicates 01,555 miles
- According to the vendor, this is a true mileage of 101,555
- We’re informed that the paperwork file includes:
- Original Ford booklets
- Large history file including MOT certificates
- A selection of invoices
- Stamped service record book
- Original interior with Recaro ‘Ascot in Raven’ seats
- Some light wear and marks to the seats
- However, they are free of any substantial rips or tears
- Door cards are in good condition with original furniture
- The dashboard itself is clean and well-kept with original instruments
- All instruments are clean and readable
- We’ve no reports of any technical faults
- The original Ford-branded cassette player is in situ
- Original steering wheel and period-accurate switchgear
- Carpets in good order with only light wear
- Impressive exterior bodywork in Radiant Red
- Panel fit is excellent with no unusual gaps
- The car’s paintwork is clean and well-kept
- Only light wear is visible on the sills and bumpers
- The trims are present and correct
- The same is true for the iconic Ford branding
- The glasswork and lenses are free of any significant chips, cracks or fractures
- The car’s alloys look in good order
- Shod in an excellent set of Falken tyres
- Underneath, the car is solid and shows only minor wear
- 1596cc 4-cylinder 8-valve turbo powerplant
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Modified with a Mongoose exhaust system
- Roose silicone hoses
- Valid MOT until September 2024
- No reports of any leaks, knocks, bangs or smoke
- Engine bay is clean and well-kept with no issues to report
- We understand that the car is starting first time and driving as expected
A nicely-presented, lesser-seen Hot Hatch - this is a marvellous example with plenty of its period character intact, ready and waiting to hit the road. Whether it becomes your new daily, or you’ve a full fleet of fast Fords in your garage, we’ve no doubt this example will be a fantastic, adrenaline-soaked companion.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check, to verify that they show no insurance database markers for damage or theft, and have no finance owing.
✓ Whilst ****Car & Classic check whether vehicles are recorded as being written off as part of an insurance total loss claim at the time an advert is placed and we provide write-off category labels (Cat C/D/S/N) for your assistance, the presence or absence of a label does not guarantee the vehicle’s status and so you are strongly advised to obtain a full vehicle history check before making an offer on a vehicle.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection or delivery.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions