Vendor supplied images
- Nicely specified and very usable Brooklands
- Well preserved car with scope for some cosmetic improvement
- Smart interior with few indications of its age
- Longterm current owner
- Purposeful Turbo R aesthetics
The Bentley Turbo R convincingly separated the marque from its Rolls Royce stablemates, offering thumping turbocharged urge to match the handcrafted finery. The Brooklands model capitalised on this theme, offering buyers Turbo R aesthetics but with a more sedate motoring experience.
Equipped with a rev counter and, for the first time on a post-war Bentley a gear shifter located on the centre console, the Brooklands also signalled its more sporting intent with figure hugging seats and alloy wheels.
This Brooklands is smartly finished in Agean Blue metallic over grey leather. It looks solid and very presentable, albeit with some scope for running improvements. Once equipped with a fresh MOT it looks ready to deliver the classic Bentley luxury experience for a lucky new buyer.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered 1st October 1994
- Current owner since 7th March 2012
- Originally supplied by Bentley main dealer P and A Wood
- We are told that there is some service history to go with this vehicle
- Unfortunately at the time of writing we did not have sight of the maintenance records
- The last MOT expired on 10th September 2020 with minor advisories for a tyre, brake pipe, oil leak and front coil springs
- Grey leather interior with contrasting blue piping and blue dash top
- Well preserved condition showing only very light signs of use
- Sports-orientated Bentley front seats with electric operation
- Leather seats well kept with little wear, just light marks on driver’s seat piping
- Rear seats appear virtually unused
- Two tone dashboard with light blue top and grey knee roll
- Wood veneers generally very presentable
- Deterioration to two door cappings visible - driver’s and nearside rear
- Leather headlining in good condition with no visible marks or sag
- Switchgear very presentable, just some fade on right hand column stalk to note
- Cabin trim is well preserved showing few marks and with good, complete fittings
- Chromework presents well with no visible tarnishing or marks
- Fitted with air conditioning
- Period correct radio cassette system
- Centrally located gear selector
- Blue lambswool over mats
- Blue boot carpet with grey piping in good condition
- Metallic Agean Blue paintwork that generally presents well
- Some localised area worthy of attention as a rolling improvement project
- Turbo R aesthetics including front spoiler, quad lamps, body colour grille surround and alloy wheels
- Straight panels with good fit and no immediately obvious defects and scratches
- Paint lacquer peel visible on the bonnet
- Smal areas of corrosion on the front offside corner and base of nearside front arch
- Some stone chips visible across the front of the car
- Microblistering visible on the front nearside corner
- Corrosion visible below front nearside indicator
- Alloys are well kept, just light scuffs visible on both front rims
- Equipped with factory correct Avon tyres
- Fuel flap appears to be a different colour to bodywork
- 6.75litre hand built V8 engine with fuel injection
- 4spd GM automatic gearbox with centre console shifter
- Rear wheel drive
- Some service history supplied with car we are told
For buyers seeking a hand-built, luxury saloon with a traditional sporting vibe there were few alternatives to the two models from Bentley. The Brooklands offered a more restrained style than the Turbo R, but with the same desirable aessthetics.
This smart Brooklands is generally well preserved, but offers scope for the buyer to lightly improve as a running project. Usable and luxurious it is also solid and presentable.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions