- Rare 5 speed manual
- 3.8 litre
- 4 Seater
When the Motorsport division of BMW applies their prestigious talents to their model range, and give the model the M badge and designation, you can be sure of one thing, high performance that belongs in the supercar class.
The E34 M5 was a subtle looking executive saloon car with little outward clue of its immense performance potential, small badges, discreet spoilers and some larger alloy wheels being the only obvious signs, a great Q car and a real wolf in sheep’s clothing, a car that helped substantiate the BMW advertising slogan of “ The Ultimate Driving Machine” Originally registered and supplied to Europe in 1994, this M5 came to the UK some two years ago and is currently still registered in Poland.
Presented in Avus Blue Metallic and a black leather interior this 3,800cc 5-speed manual M5 comes with no service history Recent service and maintenance work at the hands of BMW E34 specialist
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 1994 in Europe
- Believed genuine mileage
- Had the car for 15 months
- Recommissioned and serviced by M5 specialist last year.
- Polish registration documents present
- Not yet registered with DVLA
- No current MOT
- 1 key
- Black leather interior in original condition
- Slight wear evident on the front and rear seats commensurate with mileage and use but there are no rips or tears anywhere
- M-Tech steering wheel and gear knob
- Centre armrest and cubby box
- Interior leather would benefit from some treatment and renovation
- Some loose switches, scuffs and a few marks here and there but all easy fixes with a deep clean and refresh
- Electric windows
- Through load facility
- Updated BlueTooth stereo unit fitted
- No cracks or damage to dashboard
- All gauges and dials work
- Headlining good with some staining around the sunroof area
- Door cards good
- Carpets all in good condition with fitted original BMW rubber over mats
- A clean and original interior that needs some TLC and refreshment
- Avus Blue metallic paintwork in generally good condition
- Good straight body with good shut lines on the panels with no sign of any dents or damage anywhere
- Nice condition original alloy wheels with the odd kerbing scratches all with good tyres
- Front and rear spoilers
- Twin exhausts
- Couple of stone chips to the front and bonnet
- Some scratches to rear bumper and some marks, scratches and chips in the paintwork commensurate with mileage and age.
- Badges and external trim all present
- Slight delaminating of the glass on one of the side windows
- Clean engine bay and boot area
- Underneath appears good and solid
- Lights all work and are free from any cracks or damage
- Presents well and will respond well to some light refreshment
- 3,800cc straight-six engine
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Gearbox and engine reported to both be strong and smooth
- All electrics reported to function correctly
- The vendor advises that the car is in good mechanical shape, starting and driving very well though he suspects that the brakes need some attention, probably needing new discs and pads.
- Fully serviced upon arriving in the UK in 2022 with very few miles since.
A fabulous 3.8 litre naturally aspirated straight-six engine and an agile and well-balanced chassis with near perfect weight distribution make a BMW 5-Series wearing the M badge a great driver’s car and one that has motorsport and performance at its very heart.
A usable and practical classic supercar and one of the all time great cars from the BMW Motorsport division should ensure strong demand and prices in the coming years, and with this car only needing some light work and tidying up, it should prove to be a very worthwhile investment too.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions