**Bidders must note that this vehicle has an outstanding finance agreement which will be settled prior to handover**
- 7,270 miles from new with FSH
- One of only 38 RHD ABS models
- Believed one of only 7 in this classic colour combination
- Superb unmarked concours condition
- Offered from a private collection of Ferraris
The original Testarossa was the poster car for a whole generation of 80s teenagers, but as aficionados know, it was the later 512TR evolution that perfected the car.
An improved interior, better gear-change and updated aesthetics all make the 2,280 factory 512TRs amongst the most desirable and collectable modern Ferraris. Just 38 RHD cars were sold with the desirable ABS system.
This is one of those cars, made even rare by its classic colour combination – just seven RHD cars were so built. It is an exceptionally low mileage car with full Ferrari service history that has been kept as a show piece as part of the vendor’s extensive collection. With very little use since 2018 it may benefit from some light recommissioning.
This is surely one of the best 512TRs to come to market in recent years and would grace any discerning collection.
The History and Paperwork
- First UK registered 1st March 1995
- Current owner since 15th November 2018
- Extensive history file including numerous invoices from well regarded specialists The Ferrari Centre
- Print out of service history from first registration to 10th August 2018 at 7,652 miles
- Purchase invoice dated 1st November 2018 for vendor’s acquisition of the car
- Please note that the stated mileage on purchase appears to be incorrect – it reads 7,952 and likely should be 7,652
- Service history and current mileage supports that this is incorrect
- Cambelts replaced on 3rd February 2017 at 7,196 miles
- Based on time the vendor advises that the cambelts may require replacement
- Old MOTs also support the low mileage alongside the service history
- Only 38 RHD ABS 512TRs were built, of which we are told only 7 were finished in this colour combination
- Hand-crafted Schedoni leather tool kit
- Factory handbook set with leather wallet all in very good condition
- The displayed registration is not included but can be sold with the car by private negotiation
- The LM Ferrari wheels displayed on the car are not included but can be purchased separately
- The car will be sold with its factory correct standard alloy wheels, in unmarked condition
- MOT expired on 5th November 2019 with no advisories
- Mileage at last MOT test in 2018 was 7,656miles
- Mileage on MOT test in 2006 was 5,668 miles, verifying the mileage and reflecting sparing use
This 512TR was first registered in March 1995. Independent sources confirm that only 38 RHD 512TRs fitted with the desirable ABS system were registered. The vendor tells us that only only seven of these cars carry the desirable Rosso Corsa over crème colour combination.
A print out of the car’s service history to 2018 shows regular scheduled and additional maintenance, all conducted by Ferrari specialists. The vendor has only used it as a static show piece, which is reflected in the mileage that shows just 64 miles covered since purchase.
The cambelts were replaced in 2017 at 7,196 miles so it would be advisable to replace them based on time rather than mileage. The car is fitted with LM wheels but will be sold with its factory correct alloy wheels which we are told are unmarked. The LM wheels and the displayed number plate can be acquired at extra cost.
- Updated TR aesthetics with revised bumpers and improved aerodynamics
- Revised and sought-after TR interior with improved ergonomics
- Classically finished in Rosso Corsa over crème and in concours, unmarked condition
- Well specified car in factory original condition including leather headlining
- Expensive Schedoni leather tool kit included
- Will be sold with its factory supplied alloy wheels in unmarked condition
27 years after the last of the 2,280 512TRs left the factory, this car is perhaps as close as any buyer is likely to get to buying a brand new example of one of Ferrari’s greatest cars. To describe it as concours or immaculate doesn’t quite do justice to the condition. It is close to flawless, whether you are looking around the bright Rosso Corsa paintwork or inspecting the supple crème leather interior.
The car is factory standard except for the fitment of attractive LM alloys. The car will be sold with its factory fitted alloys – we are told they are also unmarked – but these upgraded wheels can be bought by separate arrangement. Similarly the registration plate is not included but can be bought separately if required.
- 4,943cc ‘flat’ 180 degree V12
- 5 speed gearbox with factory specification single plate clutch for improved shift
- Very rare and desirable ABS model
- Full and carefully documented Ferrari service history
- Cambelts replaced in 2017 but would benefit from replacement based on age
The sonorous 12 cylinder V12 at the heart of this car offers up a healthy 420BHP - around 40 more than the previous generation. Although generally referred to as a 'flat' or 'boxer' engine, it is in fact a '180 degree' V12, as the pistons share a common crankpin, rather than individual ones on boxer configurations. The 512TR got more power plus an improved clutch system, both of which addressed criticism of the earlier Testarossa.
This exceptionally low mileage car comes with carefully documented service history, all by Ferrari specialists, that includes a cambelt change at 7,196 miles in 2017. Since then it has covered only 500 miles but based on time it may be advisable for the buyer to factory in a belt change. A service may also be wise.
Otherwise this immaculate car surely wants for nothing. Those jobs done the buyer will have one of the most desirable modern era Ferraris with very low mileage in impeccable condition.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check, to verify that they show no insurance database markers for damage or theft, and have no finance owing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection or delivery.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions