This is a spectacular example of the increasingly rare and sought-after Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG.
The combination of a seriously desirable factory colour scheme, excellent maintenance record and strong mechanical health only enhance the appeal of what is a gorgeous yet subtle luxury performance coupe.
The History and Paperwork
• Current owner since 2015
• Has covered less than 4,000 miles in that time
• Tremendously well cared for throughout its life with plenty of invoices as proof
• Featured in Mercedes Enthusiast magazine (copy included with sale)
• All original owner’s manual and documentation from Mercedes-Benz
• Full service history with Mercedes-Benz main dealers and independent specialists
• Two keys
• Was last MOT tested in December 2021 where it passed first time with no faults or advisories
• Stunning original interior in overall excellent condition
• Two-tone blue/black full leather upholstery is in excellent order
• Carpets and door cards are in supremely fine fettle
• Genuine Mercedes-Benz floor mats in great condition
• Switchgear and trim has aged remarkably well
• Steering wheel and gear lever in fine shape
• Boot area is very clean and tidy
The interior of this magnificent CLK 55 AMG is in fantastic condition throughout, with swathes of high-quality two-tone leather surrounded by a seemingly unmarked dashboard, centre console and door cards. The wood trim and chrome touches have aged well, too.
All switchgear and most vehicle functions are said to work correctly with the only downsides being some minor visible wear and tear such as on top of the gear lever. Vendor has replaced the electric sunroof motor but has not been tested to date. Driver side seat base is not moving forward and back but all other functions are working correctly.
• No known bodywork damage
• Azurite Blue paintwork in stunning condition with only very minor blemishes to note
• Wonderful original AMG alloys exhibit very little damage but do have some bubbling from age
• Lights and glass are in near-perfect condition
• Chrome radiator and Mercedes badges present very nicely
• Underside is superb order too, with only very minor surface corrosion to speak of
This is a very desirable factory colour scheme, with Azurite Blue the perfect shade with which to accentuate the beautifully clean lines that typified late 90s/early 2000s Mercedes-Benz.
This particular example presents fabulously well with bright shiny paintwork, glorious AMG alloys and no known significant body or paintwork damage.
• The mechanicals are said to be in great shape as a result of the car’s full service history
• Engine bay is very clean and tidy with no leaks or rattles from the engine itself
• Sensational V8 engine makes all the right noises whether it’s from a cold start or out on the open road
• Brakes, steering and suspension components are all working well
A very fine example of what is now definitely considered a modern classic. This CLK 55 AMG is in exceptional mechanical and cosmetic condition - all it needs now is a new owner to enjoy everything it has to offer.
Notice to bidders
Although every care is taken to ensure this listing is as factual and transparent as possible, all details within the listing are subject to the information provided to us by the seller. Car & Classic does not take responsibility for any information missing from the listing. Please ensure you are satisfied with the vehicle description and all information provided before placing a bid.
As is normal for most auctions, this vehicle is sold as seen, and therefore the Sale of Goods Act 1979 does not apply. All bids are legally binding once placed. Any winning bidder who withdraws from a sale, is subject to our bidders fee charge. Please see our FAQs and T&C's for further information. Viewings of vehicles are encouraged, but entirely at the seller's discretion.
Please see our FAQ's
and our Terms & Conditions
Car & Classic's secure payment system protects buyers and sellers. At the end of the auction, the winning bidder transfers payment into a third-party escrow account. Once the transfer of the vehicle is complete, both parties confirm they are happy with the sale and the money is released to the seller.
2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG
About Max Bids
The max bid process allows you to bid without any hassle.
Enter your maximum bid and we will then bid on your behalf to ensure you're the highest bidder - just enough to keep you in the lead and only up until your maximum.
C&C prevent auction snipers from bidding in the last seconds to win an auction.
Auctions are extended by 5-minutes if anyone bids within the last 2 minutes to allow other bidders to react and counter-bid.
If your maximum bid is equal to or below the reserve price, your maximum bid will be applied in full if you are the highest bidder.
If you are the highest bidder and place a maximum bid above the reserve, we will automatically put in the reserve as your first bid.
Once the reserve has been met, Car & Classic will make sure you are the highest bidder using only the bidding increments stated below.
We will keep you in the lead up until your maximum bid OR the increment closest to your maximum bid, providing your maximum bid is enough to cover the increment value.
£0 to £10,000
£10,000 to £50,000
£50,000 to £100,000
Automatically outbid immediately
When you place a max bid and are outbid immediately that means that another bidder has placed a max bid limit which is higher than yours. You can bid again and we will use our automatic bid system to try and get you as the highest bidder.
Matching max bids
When there are two max bids of the same value, the one placed first remains the lead bidder.
Watch this auction
Get notified when the auction is starting, and half an hour before it ends.
What are Commission bids?
A commission bid means you’re able to place a bid before the official start of the auction.
You will be notified whether or not you are the highest bidder when the auction starts.
Problem with your bid
Bids are contractually binding. To help protect you, we have some rules in place if we think it's been mistyped. Please check and amend what you have entered.