- Genuine low mileage
- Documented full body restoration
- Fabulous condition and very rare
- 1 of only 3 RHD examples
This Mini Cooper Knightsbridge was produced in left hand drive for the European market and was available in sienna Gold, British racing Green and Black. It was a final celebration of the Classic Mini luxury interior with polished Walnut trim, Alpaca coloured leather a two-tone leather steering wheel and quality deep pile carpets. On the outside the car featured 13” Minilite alloy wheels and wide flared arches.
This Mini is believed to be one of only three right-hand drive cars originally made at the factory, with two being kept and used as press cars.
Presented in exceptional condition throughout the car has been extensively restored from the chassis up being stripped down to its bare shell and re assembled meticulously using new or refurbished parts and then being completely resprayed in its original and very fetching Sienna gold.
With the rarity of this final special edition Mini this car is certainly one that should catch the eye of any Mini or classic car collector.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 2000
- V5c shows 1 previous owners
- MOT expires 13/01/24
- Documented photographs of the extensive restoration completed in 2022 which are included at the end of the gallery
- Many invoices for restoration, recommissioning and recent parts purchased and fitted
- Owner’s manuals and books in original wallet
- 2 sets of keys
- Spare wheel, jack and tools
The original and first owner was a film director that was doing a piece on Mini in general for the Men & Motors TV channel and, whilst doing so this actual car came off the production line. It was love at first sight and he requested that car be sent back round through production to be changed to right hand drive.
That makes this car one of only three RHD cars in existence, the other two being press cars.
Following a long period of dry storage, in 2022 the car was completely and thoroughly restored and is now an excellent example of this very rare classic Mini.
- Soft alpaca-coloured leather interior
- Polished walnut dashboard and door cappings
- Two-tone leather steering wheel
- Wooden gear knob
- Wooden parcel shelf and door furniture
- All gauges and dials work
- Up-dated stereo head unit to work with early iphone
- Headlining in good condition with no sagging
- Door cards all good
- Deep pile carpets
- Complete and original interior
- All electrics and functions are reported to be working correctly and the vendor does have the fuse cover and it will be present at time of sale
The luxuriously appointed original interior shows some slight signs of wear but is every inch the expression of classy, English luxury and this classic interior certainly doesn’t disappoint.
- Sienna Gold paintwork
- Original Minilite 13” Alloy wheels with recent tyres
- Badges and external trim all present with very good chrome
- Flared wheel arches
- Clean engine bay
- Underneath appears good, clean and solid
- Lights all work and are free from any cracks or damage
- Clean and dry boot area
The recent major restoration included the fitting of new front wings, doors, front wing lowers, sills, scuttle panel, front panel, toe section and battery tray.
With its recent full bare metal respray and many new body panels the Mini looks great from all angles and it’s hard to find fault with the exterior presentation of this spectacular little car.
- 1,300 cc engine
- Manual transmission
- Recent battery
- Last fully serviced 13/01/23 @ 39,622 miles
- New rear brakes and cylinders
- New spark plugs, ignition coil, injectors and fuel pressure monitor
This Mini has been completely serviced and prepared for its next owner with the current owner advising that the car is in excellent mechanical shape, starting and driving very well with no major issues to report or advise.
A golden opportunity to acquire this super rare, right-hand-drive and excellent example of the Mini Cooper Knightsbridge with genuine low mileage having been recently fully restored to a very high and thorough standard.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions