- Individual two-tone interior
- Less than 75,000 miles
- Desirable 2.2 ‘six’
Offering nimble driving characteristics with a range of BMW engines and a drop-top roof, the Z3 Roadster enjoys an enduring appeal amongst owners and driving enthusiasts alike, whilst their plentiful nature ensures a keen knowledge base and strong parts supply.
This example is a 2.2-litre non-sport version, boasting a strong factory specification, low milage and desirable BMW Individual features.
History and Paperwork
- V5 Registered keepers document
- Purchased by a serial car collector, this Z3 has spent an extended period of time outside
- The car does not have a current MoT certificate, and failed on 13 July 2023 at 72,887 miles due to an emissions fault, and an advisory for worn front brake discs
- New Spark Plugs Fitted September 2023
- New Battery Fitted 2023
- Factory-order BMW Individual two-tone leather interior
- Good condition throughout
- Some signs of mould/damp on the rear of the seat bases due to being stored outside
- Commensurate usage patina on high-traffic areas such as the steering wheel, shifter and door cards/pulls
- During our photo shoot, the dashpod gauges were inoperable, showing error code EEP_2
- The tool kit in the boot is partially complete
- Cosmos Black Metallic paintwork in good condition
- Desirable 17-inch Z3 Alloys in great shape
- Soft-top in good condition, showing no signs of any rips or tears
- Rear window slightly discoloured
- No major bodywork damage, scuffs or scrapes noted, though there are a few small scratches and the usual stone chips visible to the front end along with a paint transfer mark on the offside wing mirror
- A full machine polish/paint correction would be advised to remedy the flat paintwork, though this is not essential
- 2.2-litre inline-six engine with 170bhp, sent rearwards through a five-speed manual transmission
- Starts, runs and drives with no obvious issues (other than the aforementioned gauge cluster problem)
- Engine bay in good condition throughout, though the fan shroud requires some attention and is currently covered with electrical tape
- A new MoT certificate is needed before the car is used on the road again
Offered for sale with a strong factory specification and desirable colour combination, this Z3 boasts the more desirable inline-six engine, and requires only some light fettling to get it back on the road once again - a tantalising light project for the keen mechanic, and one which should see you eek out the rest of summer with the roof down on a B-road of your choice.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions