- Desirable Nero Carbonio paintwork suits car
- Black Line model with unique alloys
- Only 61,204 miles on the clock
- Underside in good condition
- Rare cloth interior in excellent condition
Based on the second generation of the Fiat C-platform, shared with the Alfa 156 and the 147, the GT offered svelte coupe styling penned by Bertone and was built at the Pomigliano plant in Italy, birthplace to the Alfasud in the early Seventies.
The GT featured sophisticated double wishbone front suspension with MacPherson struts, parallel arms and reaction rods providing independent rear suspension for excellent handling. Three petrol engines in 1.8-litre, 2.0-litre and 3.2-litre capacity were offered, together with a 1.9-litre diesel. The model ran from 2003 to 2010 with some 80,832 vehicles produced.
This 2008 1.8-litre twin-spark model (named after the innovative two spark plug per cylinder layout) is finished in the classic Nero Carbonio paintwork which really suits the sinuous shape of the flowing bodywork. The metallic black paintwork formed part of the Black Line specification which also included satin silver mirror casings, unique 18-inch alloy wheels, aluminium cab detailing and red stitched seats. The current owner bought it due to its exceptional condition and low mileage.
The History and Paperwork
- V5C present in current owners name.
- First registered in March 2008
- MoT’d until 24 May 2024
- Car thought to have been tucked away in a dealership for several years
- MoT history shows that car only covered 28 miles from August 2017 to September 2020
- No MoT advisories for bodywork corrosion
- Has original books and wallet
- Service history book thought to be complete but misplaced by previous owner
- Comes with two key fobs
- Unusual black cloth sports seats have red stitch detailing and embroidered Alfa logo in headrest
- Centre armrest to front seats (and rear seats)
- All interior seats in excellent condition
- Perforated black leather three-spoke steering with red stitching is in fine condition
- Ribbed fabric covering on door cards in first rate condition
- Original factory CD tuner still fitted
- All controls look to be in good condition
- Dual zone climate control
- Unmarked cream headlining
- GT badging to centre console and smart original aluminium gearknob
- Only evidence of wear to interior is minor marking on rubberised coating of interior door grab handles and electric window/mirror controls
- Overall interior is in exceptional condition and entirely unmodified
- Nero Carbonio black paintwork is in good condition
- Small stonechips on front bumper and minor lacquer peel but when only seen up close
- Satin silver mirror covers look great
- All glass appears to be original with Alfa Romeo logo or chassis number etching
- Rear parking sensors
- Exhaust tailpipe unique to Black Line
- Front light lenses all intact
- Tail-light intact on offside, but nearside one is cracked and needs replacing
- Underside in good condition and not thought to have been welded (rare on a GT)
- Satin silver grille surround peeling at lower edge (minor touching in needed)
- Original light silver teledial 18-inch alloys are in good condition with minor kerbing to front edges
- Front tyres are GT Radial Sport Actives in 225/40 R18 size (dated 2017)
- Rear tyres are Cooper Zeon CS Sport in 225/40 R18 size (dated 2014)
- Spare wheel is a Pirelli 125/80 R15 space saver and looks original
- Original toolkit in spare wheel well
- 1.8-litre 138bhp twin-spark 16V engine sounded sweet on start up
- Clutch and brakes all operated smoothly during photoshoot
- Engine bay factory specification and in good clean condition
- Fitted with stability control and anti-slip regulation systems
- Cruise control fitted
- Current owner says it drives well
This is a really smart example of an Alfa Romeo GT that has a solid underside and excellent bodywork. The cloth interior is near perfect and one of the best you’ll find, while the mileage of just 61,204 is very low. The Black Line edition with the unique 18-inch alloys is the cherry on top and really suits the look of this car. It’s all ready to be enjoyed by a new owner.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions