Photos provided by the vendor
- Powered by a 2.0-litre DOHC Twin-Spark engine
- German import that’s reportedly been judiciously maintained throughout its life
- Very smart paint and bodywork
Built upon Alfa Romeo’s 155 platform, the front-wheel drive GTV Spider combined distinctive Pininfarina styling with their characterful four and six cylinder engines. The new Spider boasted impressive handling and typically Alfa quirkiness everywhere you look, so it’s no wonder the end result was such a big hit among critics and clientele alike.
Here we have a smart 2.0-litre Twin-Spark Spider which was originally supplied to Germany and is now back in its country of origin. With particularly smart paint and bodywork and a fully functional soft top roof, this Alfa Romeo is a very presentable example and the vendor informs us it has been judiciously maintained throughout its life.
The History and Paperwork
- Originally supplied to Germany
- Retains a collection of German paperwork
- Now imported to Italy, with all paperwork apparently present
- Original brochure included
- We’re informed that the timing belt was last changed in 2020 which was approximately 3,000 kilometres ago
- The vendor reports that a comprehensive service was recently performed
- Two-seater roadster configuration
- The upholstery has worn in places but we couldn’t see any damage
- Aftermarket Kenwood stereo fitted
- With central gauges angled towards the driver for fuel, temperature and a clock, the instrument layout harks back to 105 Series Spider
- We couldn’t see any cracking or other damage to the dashboard
- The carpets and overmats exhibit some wear, but remain in usable condition
- The door trims remain in good order, as does the rear parcel shelf
- Distinctive Pininfarina styling
- Bright and very shine red paintwork
- The bodywork appears really straight
- Underneath, the floor pans appear very sound and we couldn’t see any obvious signs of corrosion
- The black soft top roof looks to be in good order and we’re informed it functions well
- A hard cover for the roof ensures the sleek lines are retained
- Besides some very slight pitting, the teledial wheels remain in very nice condition
- All the light lenses and glass present well
- 2.0-litre DOHC Twin Spark engine drives the front wheels
- Manual gearbox
- The vendor informs us that this Alfa Romeo drives immensely well with no faults to report
- The vendor reports that a comprehensive service was recently performed and the timing belt was last changed in 2020 (approximately 3,000 kilometres ago)
Convertibles are a great way to enjoy driving in warmer climes and this Alfa Romeo GTV Spider would be a great vehicle to pilot down your favourite stretch of road.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased. Car & Classic may refer a shipping company that also deals with import/export paperwork. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions