- 2.3-litre supercharged engine
- MOT to August 2023
- One of just 100 Limited ‘Final Edition’ cars produced
The CLK 230 Kompressor is a very capable modern classic, with its supercharged four-cylinder engine allowing it to keep pace whenever required. And the convertible roof allows for comfortable year-round motoring in style.
This particular Mercedes-Benz has been used daily by its current owner, which is testament to its usability. It is not a concourse example, with a few areas which could be improved to bring it up to a high standard and with it being such a limited run of cars, it would be well worth doing.
With modern conveniences such as climate control and satellite navigation, this really is the kind of car you can use with ease and we're sure that it'll be a great example following some further improvement work.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered 23rd July 2003
- MOT valid until August 2023
- Purchased by the current owner in April 2013
- One of the limited run of ‘Final Edition’ cars
- Currently used as a daily driver
- The vendor comments that the car is an ongoing project and does need more work to make it pristine
- Said to be all standard specification, with the exception of a stainless steel exhaust
- Two keys
- Original Mercedes-Benz document wallet
- Owner’s manual, stereo instruction manual and service booklet
- Some invoices on file for parts and servicing
- Orion Grey leather interior in good condition for its age
- The seats show some signs of wear, with a little creasing and discolouration
- There is some staining to the driver’s seat and a little bobbling on the suede
- Heated and electronically adjustable front seats with memory function
- Matching light grey carpets in fairly good order
- Automatic climate control
- Rain sensitive windscreen wipers
- Original stereo CD changer still fitted and said to be in working condition
- The original sat nav remains in place
- All buttons and switches reportedly work without issue
- Dashboard in good condition, with no evidence of UV damage
- Burr walnut veneers well presented
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Spacious boot to the rear
- Full size spare wheel under boot floor
- The vendor tells us that the original Obsidian Black metallic paint has been resprayed
- There are a few small chips and scratches and small areas of bubbling
- The car has reportedly received extensive work to its body panels in recent years, including fitting two new wings
- The convertible soft top apparently functions as it should
- AMG alloy wheels finish the car off nicely
- Some scuffs and scratches to the rims
- Underneath, the car looks tidy, but the inner sills on both sides are noted on the MOT as slightly corroded
- Heated screenwash system
- The lamp lenses appear clear and bright
- Exterior trim well presented
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 2.3-litre supercharged four-cylinder engine
- Automatic gearbox was replaced in 2021
- Said to start easily and run well
- The vendor informs us of an electrical fault which occasionally means that the central locking does’t work
- Invoices on file for parts and servicing, including a new battery in 2021
- The seller tells us that the exhaust system has been replaced with a stainless steel one
This CLK 230 Kompressor is an ideal candidate if you’re thinking about a car to use as an everyday classic. There are a few areas which could be improved if desired, to make it a really nice example of this model.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions