BMW 2002 Baur Targa Cabriolet, rare right hand drive. Incredible condition & an appreciating classic Purchased just over 4 years ago now as a light rolling project. I have since compiled many pages and hours of detailed work that I have carried out to get her to the fantastic condition she’s in now. Have enjoyed taking her to all the classic car shows over the years: Silverstone Classic (featured in BMW car club magazine), Goodwood revival, Bicester Heritage and many local gatherings. Always gets many admiring glances…. you will not be disappointed by this car, she is in incredible condition through-out.
Documented / photographed work carried out since 2018 (Parts supplied by Jaymic & Wallothnesh with receipts documented):
- Bodywork full restoration carried out 2018 (4x new floorpans welded and sealed )
- Full re-spray in original Taiga Green
- Brand new hood & seals
- Brand new upholstery
- New driver & passenger side window regulators
- New driver side door seal
- New exhaust silencer
- Full heater box restoration, new fan motor, & new heater core
- New tyres 1000miles on them
- New plugs & leads
- Fully soundproofed throughout wt new carpets & underlay throughout
- Waxoyled fully interior cavities, doors inners etc
- Seats bolstered
- New water pump & thermostat fitted with new hose clips
- Webber twin choke downdraught carburettor & H&N box installed (Comes with original Solex carb & Airbox)
- Auto choke
- Comes wt set of 4x 13” BBS wheels
- Full oil change & new filter (700miles)
- New front fog lamps (need wired up!)
- Headlamps fully re-chromed
- Original tool roll wt all tools, spare tyre etc.
- new fuel tank
- Comes with 2x full key sets, owners manual etc
- Comes with a full years MOT
Selling as project is now complete and I have my sights on a new project.
Vehicle comes wt a large file of rally participation medals and plaques from its previous owners dating back to 1989.
Exterior is in fantastic condition wt a few minor blemishes.
Interior is in almost new condition having been the subject of a full restoration. New carpets, underlay, soundproofing. New speakers, stereo wt bluetooth, re upholstered seats etc. Also benefiting from a newly refurbished heater/ cooler box.
Engine has been thoroughly well looked after with a new Webber carburettor and air intake (The original carb & airbox comes with the car) which really gives the car some extra oomph! brakes are sharp and sound, new plugs, leads oil filter/ oil. Head gaskets etc...
Welding has been extensively covered over recent years whilst fully refurbished by previous dealership/. seller including all new floors sills etc,.