Vendor supplied images
- An immensely straight and well presented example
- Lowered and customised with a ‘70s retro theme
- Featuring a fabulous period roof rack with side-mounted ladder
- Substantial collection of invoices for parts and servicing
- Smart and very usable camper conversion
While originally designed with commercial applications in mind, the Volkswagen Type 2 soon became the basis for several official camper conversions, as well as a whole host of custom modifications carried out by their owners. The Type 2 was embraced by 1960s and ‘70s countercultural movements and is now synonymous a universally recognised symbol of retro cool.
This 1977 Bay Window boasts a well-equipped and very usable camping interior and externally, has been modified in the ‘70s style. Lowered, fitted with slot-mag wheels, multi-colour vinyls and an exceedingly groovy roof rack, this classic Volkswagen really looks the part and is evidently in very good condition. Accompanied by a number of invoices for parts procurement and servicing over the years, it’s one that fans of all things retro won’t want to miss.
The History and Paperwork
- Road registered in France, with all documentation present and in order
- Accompanied by a number of invoices from various specialists and parts suppliers
- Left-hand drive
- A great deal of time and effort has clearly been lavished upon this van over the years, as is evidenced by the wealth of invoices and its fantastic overall condition
- 7,991 kilometres indicated, although we’re unable to verify the true figure
- Neatly finished and well-equipped camping interior complete with a number if amenities
- Straight and seemingly very solid bodywork with smart beige paint
- No signs of corrosion appearing in any of the usual areas
- All looks to be in very good order underneath
- ‘Barn door’-style hinged side doors (whereas many Bay Windows have a single sliding door)
- Period-correct Wolfrace-style slot-mag wheels in good overall condition with just a few marks
- ‘70s-style vinyl side stripes along with other period stickers
- Exceedingly cool roof rack with side ladder and wooden slats
- Minimal wear evident to the upholstery, cabinetry and controls
- 1600 cc air-cooled flat-four
- Four-speed manual gearbox
- We understand that the van is in good running and driving order
- The vendor has not reported any faults
- Well presented, clean engine compartment
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.