- Immaculate showroom fresh restoration
- Rare limited edition model
- Matching numbers
- Only 00020 miles since restoration
- Ready to ride or display
At the turn of the 1980’s the R100S was considered BMW’s fastest sports tourer.
The simple lightweight design of the one-litre Bavarian ‘boxer’ is perfectly set up for brisk 40-80 mph acceleration and is of course renowned for it’s enduring touring capabilities.
Rarely does a restored bike appear like it has just come from the factory, but this amazing example looks spot-on in every respect.
Previously part of a collection, this ‘Exclusive Sport’ variant of the R100 family was meticulously rejuvenated to a very high professional standard over recent years.
Sporting metallic silver paintwork and triple-tone blue stripping, the previous owner believes that this limited edition R100S is one of just 50 produced during 1980, 25 of which were delivered to Europe and 25 to the U.S.
Costing thousands to restore, we would go as far as to say this BMW looks cosmetically perfect - surely a collectors dream machine.
The History and Paperwork
- Registered from new in the U.K. on the 6th June 1980
- Acquired by the registered keeper on the 10th March 2021
- V5 present (in previous keeper’s name)
- Numerous parts invoices from Moto-Bins Ltd and Motorworks (UK) Ltd
- Speedometer overhaul invoice from Speedy Cables (London) Ltd
- A couple of magazines
- Spare key and keys for the pannier locks
- The last ‘Pass’ MOT was carried out in 2016 at a recorded mileage of 86,592
- Road tax valid until the 1st April 2024
- Please note that the bike itself are showing the incorrect registration whereas the actual registration is FTF630V as shown on the V5 document
We don’t have the full details of the rebuild, but judging by the accompanying parts invoices and the undeniable visual quality of the finish, this BMW shouldn’t disappoint.
- Immaculate metallic silver paintwork throughout
- Superb looking frame and highly polished components
- Excellent bikini fairing
- Frame and engine numbers clearly visible
- Correct R100S decals
- BMW speedometer, tachometer and ammeter, plus clock
- Great handlebars, levers, grips and mirrors
- Clear undamaged lighting all round
- Perfect twin saddle and rear carrier
- Detachable BMW panniers in presentable condition
- Original alloy wheels in mint condition
- 980 cc four-stroke, two-cylinder horizontally opposed air-cooled ‘boxer’ engine
- Factory specification of 70 bhp @ 7,250 rpm
- Torque figure of 56 ft/Ib at 5,500 rpm
- Amazingly clean and polished mechanicals
- Dual Bing constant depression carburettors
- Five-speed transmission with ratchet foot lever
- Dry single-plate clutch
- Battery ignition with Bosch starter and alternator
- Telescopic fork and swing arm suspension with Ikon shocks
- 260 mm dual disc brakes up front and Brembo calipers
- Chrome exhausts in great condition
- Continental 3.25x19” front tyre and 4.00x18” rear with plenty of tread
BMW have long stuck to their own unique motorcycle principles and gratifyingly have gained a strong following from BMW devotees.
This rare R100S is hard to fault and offers the opportunity to own a desirable limited edition machine in immaculate condition.