Vendor supplied images
- Accompanied by a selection of invoices for recent maintenance alongside an independent condition report
- A commendably original and highly presentable example
- Reportedly running well and ready to enjoy
The humble 2CV was to play a key role in France’s post-war recovery. This deliberately simple, affordable and versatile little car helped France back onto its feet and is rightly revered to this day.
We’re delighted to present this commendably original and highly presentable 2CV6 Spécial dating from 1981. It benefits from a great deal of recent maintenance and is presented in good condition inside, out and under the bonnet. This means it’s ready to be enjoyed as soon as its next owner collects the keys.
Accompanied by a wealth of paperwork detailing recent work, as well as an independent condition report confirming the car is in rude health, don’t miss this fine opportunity to make yourself the proud owner of a French icon.
The History and Paperwork
- Left-hand drive home market example
- First registered in 1981
- French registration documentation present
- 22,919 kilometres indicated, although we’re unable to confirm the true figure
- Technical inspection report dated 30.10.2018
- Various invoices for parts and servicing present
- The 2cv had a classic registration document
- The roadworthiness test is clean. It is serviced by a recognised specialist garage (as seen on TV programmes).
- Period-correct two-tone paintwork still in very good condition
- Jade Green (code AC 539) with contrasting black wings
- Smart original interior
- Straight bodywork, free from any signs of notable damage
- Slight paint bubbling caused by corrosion around the window apertures besides a few other localised areas
- Folding roof, still in good order
- The seats exhibit little in the way of heavy wear and the same can be said for the floor mats
- Original steel rims in good condition with chrome hubcaps
- All the trim looks to be in good shape
- 602 cc air-cooled flat-twin
- Four-speed gearbox
- The inspection report noted an absence of obvious leaks or smoke during operation
- Starter motor changed and braking system overhauled in 2018
- Recent general service carried out with new air and oil filters, a new ignition kit, spark plugs, coil, fan (and its belt)
- New indicators and warning units, an anti-theft device
- New battery, alternator and regulator
- New entire electrical harness
- We’re informed that it runs well and drives as expected
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.