Vendor supplied images
- Very, very low mileage VFR800
- One of only 250 Anniversary models
- Full history and paperwork from new
- Highly rated VFR, considered the last ‘pure’ version
- Long MOT to June 2024 with no advisories
Honda’s VFR is widely recognised as one of the greatest lineages in recent motorcycle history. Of that illustrious line the VFR800 is considered the last of the ‘pure’ models. According Motorcycle News it is arguably the best version of the best motorcycle ever built.
Heady praise indeed. That certainly makes this VFR800 appealing. That it is also an exceptionally low mileage example and one of the 250 50th Anniversary models lifts it into a particularly rarified world.
It is supplied with extensive history and presented in the sort of condition you would expect from such a low mileage bike. As Honda celebrates its 75th anniversary there is surely no better time to buy this bike.
The History and Paperwork
- First UK registered on 16th May 2000
- Recorded as a 1999 bike indicating it was first registered overseas
- Four UK owners
- Current owner since 19th June 2023
- We are told that it is supplied with all paperwork dating back to its original sale
- One of 250 Anniversary bikes built to celebrate Honda’s 50th anniversary
- Each of these bikes was finished in Honda’s 1960s racing livery
- The Anniversary is based on the 5th generation gear driven camshaft VFR800
- The Anniversary is rates as one of the most capable and collectible of the emerging V4 bikes
- Highly original bike
- Factory standard and original bike in virtually unmarked condition
- Follows the factory’s 1960s racing livery
- Good paintwork displaying few if any visible marks
- Clear dials with digital speedometer and odo
- Clean grips and other trim items betraying no visible damage
- Clean factory-standard wheels with no kerbing or scuffs
- High specification frame carried over from VFR750
- Highly regarded sports tourer delivering refinement and versatility
- Excellent all rounded that looks and goes well, whether on track, road or commute
- RC46 782cc DOHC V4 Honda engine developing 110bhp
- 6spd manual gearbox
- Engine specially tuned for road use
- Two side mounted radiators
- Engine is a stressed member in the frame
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check, to verify that they show no insurance database markers for damage or theft, and have no finance owing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection or delivery.