- Fully restored to a very high standard
- Includes rare trailer
- Very low mileage since restoration
Considered by many to be the most well recognised military vehicle of all time, the Willys Jeep rose to prominence during world war two. Lightweight, reliable, versatile, robust and capable of traversing the worst terrain, it’s easy to see why the Jeep was so successful.
This Jeep was purchased by a relative of the current owner in the 1970’s and has been fully restored over a number of years to bring it into the condition it’s in today. Not only is the Jeep itself in fantastic condition, but it comes with a very rare and fully restored trailer. The trailer has been kept highly original as has the jeep during the restoration. The pair match perfectly and present an opportunity not to be missed.
The History and Paperwork
- V5 Present and correct
- Tax and MOT exempt
- One previous keeper in the log book
- First registered 1949
- Fully restored
- Fantastic condition throughout
- Does not include floor mounted horn in the images
- Custom made fuel tank under the driver's seat
- Inside of hood presents very well
- Original steering wheel with initials engraved on the boss
- Front and rear seats all present well, free from rips or tears
- Dashboard, dials, switches and trim are all in excellent condition
The utilitarian interior of this jeep is in fantastic condition throughout. The owner has always kept it indoors and the care they have taken with it shows through everywhere you look. It’s been sympathetically restored and has all of the correct accessories. Designed to be rugged and extremely lightweight the interior offers the bare minimum required for it to be functional and makes for a unique driving experience. It’s fitted with a thick, high quality soft-top and retains the original steering wheel where someone has carved their initials into the boss.
- Superb overall condition
- Trailer is in the same excellent condition
- Period correct American spade and axe in very good condition
- Correct Ford tyres all with lots of tread
- The body was changed as part of the early restoration in the 70’s
- Canvas top is in very good condition
- The owner believes the bonnet and front wings to be original
- Correct screw-top american jerry can on the rear
- Non-original front bumper
- Trailer has the original floor with the drain
- Original chains with hooks and combat wheels on the trailer
Easily one of the most recognizable and iconic vehicles ever made, the class Jeep design still looks fantastic today. Extensively restored this Jeep and trailer present very well throughout and would make a fine addition to a collection or would be perfect for shows. The Jeep has had the main tub changed in the 70’s but the owner believes the front wings and bonnet to be original. It comes with many of the period correct features such as the jerry can and the spade and axe on the side, all of which are in excellent condition.
The trailer is in the same excellent condition as the Jeep and is very original with the correct floor (and drain), original chains and hooks, combat wheels and electric hook-up. With the fantastic condition of the trailer and the Jeep itself the combination of the two presents a rare opportunity to acquire a perfectly matched pair.
- Extensively restored around ten years ago
- Starts easily and idles well
- Excellent 2.2l petrol engine
- The owner reports that it drives exactly as it should
- The vendor informs us that three of the leaf springs are original and on is uprated to account for the weight of the offset engine, the original is included in the sale
- Engine bay and underside (including the trailer) presents extremely well
- Whilst the restoration isn’t well documented even a casual glance underneath or in the engine bay shows many new parts
- Correct 6 volt electrical system
- The vendor reports that it has a complete new wiring loom fitted
As with the rest of this jeep the mechanical aspects present excellently. It’s easy to see when looking underneath or into the engine bay just how thorough the restoration was. All of the axles, suspension components, prop shafts, bump stops, brake pipes etc present excellently.
The Jeep starts easily and idles smoothly with no unwanted noises and the owner reports that it drives exactly as it should with the high and low range working perfectly. It uses the correct 6 volt system and the vendor has told us that it has had a complete new wiring loom fitted. The jeep has an uprated front leaf spring fitted to account for the extra load on one side from the offset engine and the original one is included with the Jeep should you wish to re-temper it.
In fantastic condition throughout and with only two owners since the 70’s this Willys Jeep and matching trailer present a rare opportunity to acquire an important part of military history. It’s been restored to a very high standard throughout and is ready to drive away.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions