***Vendor supplied images***
- Great condition overall
- Seemingly mechanically perfect
- Numbers match the registration document
Throughout its history, Norton has always been a class-leader in producing fantastic and characterful bikes. Indeed, the brand has seemingly made the 500cc area its own and this 1951 model is proof.
Indeed, the Plunger frame design makes for a stunning bike whilst the single-cylinder engine is enough to make for an enjoyable riding experience.
Presenting in fantastic visual condition, it’s clear this 500cc OHC has been well cared for. Furthermore, the vendor informs us that it can easily cover long distances without issue. Indeed, they claim it does not leak oil and will run with ease.
The History and Paperwork
- First manufactured in 1951
- Used at many Vintage Motor Cycle Club events during its life
- Reportedly a well known bike in VMCC circles
- Registered for the road in June 2022
- Passed to current owner by their brother in September 2022
- Maintained by bike MOT technician in recent times
- Dry stored during this time
- Recently ridden to the South of France without issue
- Used from time to time in the South of France
- UK registration
- Very good condition overall
- Lovely, emblematic paint
- All the decals and designs are present and in good condition
- Chrome work shines very nicely
- Saddle looks excellent
- Pre-war fuel tank
- Handlebars show very little sign of wear
- All dials and switches work as they should
- Headlight cover looks clear and proper
- Wire wheels present very well
- Avon front tyre, Dunlop rear
- Looks to be good tread on both tyres
- Some small scuff marks and scratches to the paint, from use
- 500cc single cylinder four-stroke engine, 30hp
- Amal TT carburettor
- Engine looks very clean
- The bike runs extremely well
- Can go for long distances
- Engine cut out switch fitted to the oil tap – will not start without oil
- No oil leaks according to the vendor
- Clearly always well taken care of
Throughout its life, this Norton 500cc OHC bike has been exceptionally well cared for. Indeed, one can see that it evidently presents in stunning condition whilst the vendor informs us that it runs easily without fault.
In recent times, the bike has been dry stored and maintained by an MOT technician. Having just recently been road registered, the bike has certainly not been abused throughout its life and is ready to offer its new owner with many miles of pleasant cruising.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions