- Stunning show condition
- Meticulously restored
- Imported from Denmark in 2014
- Matching numbers
- Healthy A10 650 cc twin
In the 1950’s, the somewhat ostentatious gold BSA (or Beige, as BSA advertising called it) was a departure from the somewhat austere black-painted models that dominated British roads.
To be fair, around 80% of Golden Flash motorcycles were squarely aimed at the somewhat flamboyant U.S. market anyhow - and sold well.
Not a performance bike like some of it’s BSA sibling’s, the Golden Flash was still capable of 100 mph and fulfilled it’s brief perfectly as a dependable touring machine - with a touch of exotic bling thrown in.
Despite the lack of known history, this Immaculate BSA appears to have been cosmetically restored to a very high professional standard a few years ago, possibly in Denmark, before being imported by it’s first (and only) U.K. owner, and collector, in 2014.
With just 267 miles on the clock, the odometer appears to have been returned to zero, suggesting an engine rebuild was also undertaken at the same time.
Now in the hands of the vendor, who is selling several motorcycles from this enthusiasts collection.
THE HISTORY AND PAPERWORK
- First registered on the 31st December 1953
- Registration in the U.K. on the 1st March 2014
- V5 present (in previous owner’s name)
- Purchase invoice from Vahn Jensen Motorcycles, Denmark
- NOVA documentation
- Import transportation paperwork
- Number Plate Authorisation Certificate
- Professional service invoice from February 2015
- Wassell carburettor fitting instructions
- British Motorcycle Charitable Trust newsletters
- Not had a UK MOT
- Exempt tax is currently on Sorn
- Beautifully restored paintwork
- Gleaming chrome work
- Good looking Smiths speedometer and Ammeter
- Perfect Lucas lighting
- All switchgear and electrics said to function
- Excellent saddles
- Rubber components in good order
- Clean engine and alloy parts
- Shiny chrome wheels
- Avon Speedmaster MKII tyres with plenty of tread
- Original A10 650 cc OHV engine with no obvious oil leaks!
- Robust bolt-on 4-speed gearbox
- All components present in a refurbished or replaced looking condition
- Wassell carburettor with heat shield
- Front mounted dynamo
- Magneto ignition at the rear of the engine
- 6-volt battery and electrics said to be in good working order
- Relatively new fuel taps and hoses
- Telefork/Plunger suspension
- Single-leading shoe drum brakes
- Easy maintenance and good spares availability
As noted, this BSA was professionally serviced in 2015 with only 15 recorded miles (see photo of invoice) and has clearly been ridden just 252 miles since.
Although not fired-up during the photoshoot, the vendor assures us that this BSA starts with one or two kicks, runs nicely and handles well with no known issues.
This desirable “well-heeled” British icon is a credit to the restorer, is in excellent cosmetic condition, and appears to be mechanically sorted.
One of the best all-round bikes you can buy, this BSA Golden Flash would make a perfect addition to your collection and is a practical classic that should hold it’s value.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions