- Just 6.4 kilometres indicated on the odometer
- It has never been road registered
- Presented in excellent original condition
The Second World War left Italy in a bad way. Its economy was in tatters, much of its infrastructure destroyed and morale at an all-time low. Piaggio’s ‘Vespa’ emerged as an unlikely hero, providing both physical and social mobility to a nation ravished by conflict. With its innovative front suspension derived from aircraft landing gear paired with a rugged and economical two-stroke engine, the Vespa was the first form of affordable mass transportation that quite literally got Italy moving again. Its form is now celebrated as a design classic; a symbol of Italian resourcefulness and style.
This 1955 GS 150 is rather special as it’s effectively brand new. Still unregistered and with just 6.4 kilometres on the odometer, it remains in as-new condition. As if that wasn’t enough, it’s one of the most desirable Vespas ever made, with three times the engine capacity of most of its counterparts! Utilised as a display piece for much of its life, it’s likely this Vespa will continue to be appreciated for its incredibly low kilometrage and originality, but should you wish to ride it, we’re sure it won’t take much to have it on the road.
The History and Paperwork
- The vendor acquired it in 2000 from Milan
- Used in the vendor’s office as a decorative piece
- Appears complete and beautifully preserved
- Original paintwork
- Excellent cosmetic order besides a few small scratches and marks to the paint
- Period Pirelli tyres in good visual order
- The Veglia speedometer still reads clearly
- No damage or corrosion evident to the bodywork
- All the rubber components present well, with no excessive age-related deterioration
- All compartments are well presented with access doors operating correctly
- Immaculate seat upholstery
- No wear to speak of
- 150 cc single-cylinder air-cooled two-stroke engine
- Original DellOrto glass fuel filter which contains the remnants of some varnished petrol
- Not currently in running order, although recommissioning shouldn’t be too onerous if desired
This Vespa is quite remarkable. Most were used hard for many years, but not this one.
Unregistered, unrestored and unused, it’s fit for a museum.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions