- Comprehensively restored by the previous owner in 2012
- Subjected to a series of mechanical upgrades in 2019, costing around €16,000
- The vendor remarks that this car can be used daily, with thoroughly modern performance and usability without compromising any of its period charm
Back in the 1950s and early ‘60s, Triumph were at the cutting edge of British sports car development. The TR3 A was amongst the most powerful roadsters on the market and was the first production car to feature disc brakes as standard.
This 1960 example has been further enhanced, following a comprehensive restoration in 2012. The vendor informs us that around €16,000 has been spent upgrading the mechanicals, making this a car that could be used every day, without compromising any of its period charm.
Now fitted with a Moss kit five-speed synchronised gearbox, modern HS6 carburettors, an uprated cylinder head and whole host of other technical improvements, this TR3 A is said to be running and driving very well indeed, proving immensely reliable since the work was completed.
Road registered and France and ready to use, this Triumph represents a rare opportunity that’s not to be missed.
The History and Paperwork
- Accompanied by an independent vehicle condition report carried out in may 2022
- French registration documentation present
- 58,000 miles indicated and believed correct
- The vendor informs us that the car is matching numbers
- Photographic record of the mechanical enhancements
- Various parts invoices present
- The vendor states that around €16,000 has been spent upgrading the mechanicals in 2019
- Restored by the previous owner in 2012
- Left-hand drive
- The expert report mentions a value of €40,000. This price does not take into account improvements made with new parts (Sierra box, etc.)
- Fabulous colour combination
- Handsome black paintwork, free from any notable wear or blemishes
- Straight bodywork with no obvious signs of corrosion or damage
- Smart wire wheels
- Complete with boot-mounted luggage rack finished in chrome
- The brightwork all looks to be in really fine shape
- Well presented red upholstery, with no heavy wear in sight
- Tactile wood-rimmed steering wheel
- Tonneau cover, Soft top and door/window present
- Windscreen deflectors fitted
- 1991 cc OHV inline-four now with a honed cylinder head for unleaded petrol
- Moss kit five-speed synchronised gearbox (Ford Sierra)
- Modern HS6 carburettors
- Rack and pinion steering upgrade
- Electronic ignition
- New timing chain and tensioner fitted
- Modern camshaft and tappets
- Modern water pump
- Aluminium radiator
- Aluminium oil cooler
- Electric fuel pump with pressure regulator
- Quaife differential
- Performance brake pads
- Uprated shock absorbers
- Anti-roll bar fitted
- The vendor informs us that it runs very well indeed and drives brilliantly
- The TR3 has reportedly proved very reliable in recent years and the vendor believes it could be driven daily with no issues
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions