- Great colour and solid condition
- 1500cc engine fitted
- California import
Instantly recognisable the world over, the Volkswagen Beetle is one of the great motoring success stories, with its unique and timeless design still raising smiles and finding favour with classic car enthusiasts and those looking for that fun weekend car.
Imported from the dry state of California at some time in its past this Beetle was converted from LHD to RHD and a more powerful 1500cc was fitted, but otherwise it remains fairly standard.
The car has had some restoration work done at some point and benefits from the smaller chrome bumpers and sloping headlights, design cues from the earlier Beetle models.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 1967
- Factory cabriolet
- Imported from USA and converted to RHD
- 1500cc engine fitted
- V5c present
- Historic Vehicle
- MOT and Road Tax exempt
- Spare wheel
- 1 key
- Seats re-trimmed and very good condition
- Carpets and door cards present well
- Period radio (currently not working)
- Good condition throughout
- Fire extinguisher fitted
- Custom chrome gearshift
- Headlining pretty good
- Moto-Lita wooden steering wheel
- Clear instruments and dials
- All electrics and switchgear reported to be working with the exception of the radio
- Nearside rear window winder needs repairing
- Cream paintwork has some marks, surface corrosion and areas where the paint has cracked due to the convertible body flexing
- Minor pitting and corrosion to be found on bumpers and external chrome trim
- 1500cc badge
- Twin chrome tailpipes
- Period wing mirrors
- Sloping headlights
- Lights all work and are free from any cracks or damage
- Good condition wheels with good whitewall tyres fitted and very nice hubcaps
- Canvas hood works and fits well and has the odd scuff and mark
- Underneath appears good and solid
- 1500cc engine
- 4 speed manual gearbox
- All electrics reported to function correctly
- Drum brakes recently overhauled with new brake shoes fitted
- The vendor advises that the car is in excellent mechanical shape, starting and driving well with no major issues to report or advise
- Recently fully serviced and ready to go
A nice and solid early VW Beetle convertible that is ready to be driven and enjoyed as it is with a nice aged patina in an unusual and very attractive colour.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions