- Excellent condition
- Performance upgrades
- 5-speed manual gearbox
A beautiful example of the MKII Ford Cortina that has recently been imported from the dry climate of South Africa which explains its solid and very straight current condition.
The car has some useful driver upgrades too, a tuned engine with a racing carburettor, an equal length header straight through exhaust, a later 5-speed Sierra gearbox and uprated shock absorbers all round.
The upgrades make this a quicker than normal 1600 Cortina and it also sits on 13” Maranello wheels which help give the car a great classic and period look.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 1969
- Imported recently from South Africa
- V5c present
- 1 UK owner
- Mileage not verified
- Historic vehicle
- MOT exempt
- Spare wheel and jack
- 2 keys
- Black interior in excellent condition throughout having been replaced and updated
- Wooden steering wheel
- Carpets and door cards all good
- Excellent headlining
- Clear instruments and dials
- All electrics and switchgear reported to be working
- White paintwork with stick-on coachline
- Paintwork has some imperfections but presents very well with great panel fit and no obvious signs of any corrosion
- Slight crack in the paint on the offside front wing
- Nice Maranello wheels with Continental tyres though the fronts will need replacing soon
- The chrome bumpers have some age related marks and dents
- Chrome trip shows its age in places but is still pretty good
- Lights all work and are free from any cracks or damage
- Underneath appears very good and solid
- Tuned engine with balanced carburettors and enlarged exhaust ports
- 5-speed later manual gearbox fitted
- Custom sports exhaust with NOS Janspeed manifold
- Custom prop shaft
- Uprated shock absorbers
- All electrics reported to function correctly
- The vendor advises that the car is in excellent mechanical shape, starting and driving well with no major issues to report or advise
- New battery
- Recently serviced and ready to go
A very clean and solid example of the MKII Cortina with some useful performance enhancements that make it a more driveable car on today’s roads, that just needs some tidying up and some TLC in places to make it a truly great example of this classic ford saloon.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions