- Previously restored example, with plenty of original components to show
- Fitted with a gold seal engine, and in fantastic mechanical order
- Well maintained, with extensive history and paperwork
- Offered with a mere 4 former keepers
Highly regarded in the classic car world, the MGB offers a superb balance of classy British styling cues, characterful handling, and fuss-free motoring. It’s a vehicle that deserves to be experienced by any collector, classic car enthusiast, or even those simply looking to dip their toes into the fantastic world of British classics.
This particular MGB is certainly a fantastic example to get your teeth stuck into, one that benefits from the likes of previous restoration work, a gold seal engine, extensive maintenance, and plenty of care.
With the summer weather seemingly now here to stay, this MGB presents an excellent opportunity to enjoy classic, top-down British motoring in style.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in August 1969
- Just 4 former recorded keepers
- Treasured by the current keeper since 2014
- Previously entered in a Concours d'elegance event
- Very well-maintained, with plenty of documentation to show, including;
- Numerous previous MOT certificates
- A vast collection of previous invoices detailing maintenance, repairs, and parts
- The current V5C document
- Includes 2 keys, an MG handbook, the toolkit, knock-off hammer, and jack
- Comes ready to enjoy, with advisory free MOT until 23 April 2024
- Showcases a mostly original biscuit interior, with lightly aged Walnut veneer detailing
- Retains the original biscuit seats, offered in fair condition for their age, with only the expected signs of wear to note
- Fitted with new beige carpets, and a mohair hood in 2019
- Features a Moto-Lita 3-spoke steering wheel, rubber overmats, and a tonneau cover
- Presented in great condition, respective of the age of the vehicle, with plenty of original components to show
- Previously restored, and finished in a delightful shade of MG red
- Presented in excellent condition with plenty of shine, and only minor paintwork blemishes to observe
- Equipped with 14” wire spoke wheels, showing excellent finishes with only minor blemishes to note. The wheels come wrapped in pairs of Falken, and Nankang tyres with plenty of tread left to enjoy
- Features chrome bumpers, which offer also excellent finishes with only very light pitting to note. Other brightwork seemingly follows suit, offering the occasional dash of tasteful patina
- Offered today in excellent overall condition, in a perfectly usable, yet equally presentable state
- Previously fitted with a new gold seal engine, new carburettors, and new rear axle bearings, courtesy of the previous owner
- Very well maintained by the current keeper, with plenty of recent work to show, including;
- A new rocker cover gasket
- Valve clearance fettling
- Carburettor tuning
- A full service
- A new O/S/F front shock
- A new O/S/R wheel cylinder
- A new speedometer, and oil pressure gauge
- Equipped with K&N air filters, and an Intermotor ignition coil
- Performs brilliantly, greatly benefiting from extensive maintenance and recent carburettor tuning
- Comes ready with advisory-free MOT until MOT until 23 April 2024
The MGB is perhaps one of the most popular classics to date and for good reason. You’re treated to a very well-balanced platform, classic British roadster styling, and near-unrivalled top-down motoring value. If you’re on the search for an engaging roadster to enjoy the upcoming sunshine with, this well-maintained, previously restored MGB is the classic for you.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions