- Beautifully restored matching numbers example
- Long-time enthusiast ownership
- Reliable and rare (and original) Ducati electronic ignition
Styled by Bertone , the GP range (DL outside the UK) was the last of the great Lambretta scooters.
Available with 125, 150 and 200cc engines, the new motors offered several improvements over their predecessors, including more robust crankshafts and better gearing. The new styling was also that bit more streamlined.
In the last of the line, the GP200 Electronic, the one Lambretta weak point – the ignition – was replaced by an electronic alternative supplied by Italian motorcycle manufacturers, Ducati.
THE HISTORY AND PAPERWORK
- Meticulous restoration
- Matching numbers scooter
- Tax and MOT exempt
- Beautiful overall condition
- Brushed metal parts in very good order
- Handlebar lever assemblies very clean
- All rubber parts, handles, runners and faring edge remain supple and show a very healthy shade of black
- Frame is robust and in excellent condition
- Very clean underneath
- All badging straight and correct, and side panel decals very neat and intact
- Headlamp bezel and chrome panel detail is bright and shows no pitting
- Michelin tyres are new
- No signs of corrosion
- 200cc air-cooled single
- Original 6v electrical system
- Original and rare Ducati 6v ignition retained
- Reported to be in full working order by the vendor
- Engine and gearbox appear to be in top condition, with no signs of leaks
- Hoses and wiring appear healthy with no cracks or signs of perishing.
- Suspension and brake components all clean and in excellent condition
- No corrosion or oxidation
The GP200 Electronic is probably the ultimate expression of the Lambretta scooter offering even better performance and robustness than its predecessors, with the added chic of Bertone design. And that Ducati electronic ignition takes the uncertainly out of firing up the motor.
An added bonus is the machine’s quality restoration and that it comes from a knowledgeable Lambretta enthusiast.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions