- Just 4 former keepers
- Converted to right-hand-drive, and equipped with a 1600cc engine
- Recently subject to considerable mechanical work, including rebuilt carburettors
- Offered in great condition for its age, with a fantastic interior
Standing as one of the most iconic vehicles ever produced, the VW Beetle is known across the globe for its characterful, classy and beautifully simplistic nature. All of the Beetle’s charm can be further enjoyed by the addition of a folding fabric hood, as exemplified brilliantly by this Karmann Convertible model.
Although seemingly interesting enough in its original 1300cc form, this Beetle now boasts a much more impressive 1600cc unit, for greater power. This little VW is also rather unique in other ways, having been converted to right-hand-drive in 1989, and equipped with disc brakes, and inertia seatbelts.
Atop of its appealing specification, the vehicle also benefits from extensive maintenance over the years, and considerable recent expense courtesy of the current owner. Looking to ensure this peppy Beetle is in top shape, the current keeper has given the paintwork its share of much-welcomed detailing, overhauled a great deal of the vehicle’s mechanics, and has also retrimmed the interior.
Now standing in great condition for its age, and with excellent mechanical health, this little Beetle presents a fantastic choice for those on the search for a fun weekend toy, or potential collection piece.
The History and Paperwork
- Imported to the UK in 1982
- Converted to right-hand-drive in 1989
- Now equipped with a 1600cc engine
- Offered with just 4 former UK keepers
- MOT & tax exempt
- Boasts great history & documentation, including
- Previous MOT certificates and tax discs
- A selection of invoices detailing maintenance & upgrades
- The current V5C document
- Includes the original owner’s manuals, tool kit, and tonneau cover
- More than ready to be enjoyed by the lucky new owner
- Showcases fantastic black upholstery, featuring;
- New door cards
- New carpeting
- New seat covers
- New rubber pedal covers
- A new handbrake grip cover
- Equipped with inertia seat belts, front and rear
- Includes the original jack and spare wheel, within the frunk
- Presented in fantastic condition for the age of the vehicle, now with only minor signs of use and light blemishes to note
- Believed to retain original bodywork, with heavy gauge steel wings
- Last repainted in 1987, now offering a great finish, benefiting from recent flat and polish treatment
- Previously fitted with new chrome bumpers & mirrors in 2012
- Equipped with a cream fabric folding soft top, which offers an excellent finish as a result of a recent steam clean
- Features the original, refurbished Rostyle wheels, which present themselves in great condition, with plenty of Firestone tyre tread left to enjoy
- Presented in great overall condition respective of age, with seemingly only small blemishes to note
- Fitted with a 1600cc engine for greater performance
- Converted to right-hand-drive in 1989, recently receiving a new RHD firewall
- Recently subject to a vast array of mechanical work and new components, including;
- A full brake system overhaul
- Freshly rebuilt carburettors
- New ignition leads, spark plugs and air filters
- A new Bosch 12V ignition coil
- New alternator & v belt
- A new fuel pump
- Benefits from a recent engine bay detail
- Runs & drives beautifully, with no known issues
- Includes extensive paperwork covering servicing, maintenance & repairs
- Ready to be enjoyed on the open road
This classy Volkswagen presents a fantastic opportunity to enjoy all of the Beetle’s charm, with a more powerful engine, refreshed mechanics, remedied aesthetics, and of course, the wind in your hair.
If you’re in the market for a thoroughly enjoyable weekend toy, this 1975 Volkswagen Beetle Karmann Cabriolet deserves to be at the top of your list.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions