- Fitted with power steering
- Sebring kit with front and rear bumpers
- Subject to recent respray work
- Long advisory free MOT valid into 08/2024
Arguably the go to brand for quality sports cars, MG were always leading the pack when it came to stylish, dynamic automobiles, and none so more than the MGB GT. The perfect recipe of performance style and value meant the lightweight 2 door Pininfarina styled coupe was an absolute hit, the little GT quickly won the hearts of many and proudly boasts icon status to this day, standing as one of the most recognisable classic cars of all time.
The car we have here today is certainly one of the more interesting GTs on the market and comes with an air of uniqueness whilst retaining the vintage charm and appeal that made these little cars so popular in the first place. With a Sebring body kit fitted with alternative front and rear bumpers, a fresh respray and perhaps most importantly, the fitment of power steering. The car ticks all the boxes the discerning buyer may be looking for and lends itself brilliantly well to more regular use as a classic daily runner courtesy of its excellent almost modern driving feel and all round usability.
If you're looking for an MGB that stands out from the crowd, TUG 52R is a hard car to ignore.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered 11/03/1977
- Originally a rubber bumper car which has been modified and brought back to standard ride height with a sebring kit by a previous owner
- Accompanied by a solid history file consisting of extensive invoices for parts bought to service, maintain and modify the car throughout its lifetime
- A photo documentation of much of the work performed is also present with the car
- Both tax and MOT exempt due to the car’s age and historic status
- Despite MOT exemption, the car has been out through a test and holds a current MOT valid with no advisories until August 2024
- For those interested in driving the car in London it is worth noting that the car is also ULEZ exempt
- V5 registration document present
- Well presented, high quality interior space
- 2+2 seating layout for added convenience over its roadster counterpart
- Excellent upgraded leather seating, showing very little, if anything in terms of wear or blemishing in either the front or rear
- Two smart, well upholstered door panels, fitted with neat door furniture and embellishments
- Smart dash panel, still rich in colour and complimented by a walnut centre insert
- Well fitting quality headliner which houses the Webasto full length ragtop roof
- Interior switchgear is in fine fettle and presents as such, in good clean shape
- New heater with two speed fan fitted
- Good sized carpeted boot area which houses a full size spare wheel and tool set
- Upgraded radio head unit with phone connecting capability
- Quartz centre clock
- Excellent Pininfarina exterior fastback styling
- Fitted with an unusual, Sebring front and rear bumper kit giving the car a more modern twist and excellent road presence
- Recently subject to a respray in Damask Red
- Contrasting gloss black roof panel
- Paintwork is of a good standard throughout
- External chrome trim is of a high quality and boasts a wonderful shine
- Full length Webasto ragtop roof with adjoining wind deflector
- A factory rubber bumper car converted and lowered to UK ride height
- Black Minilite wheels with contrasting aluminium outer sections fitted at all four corners, all in good clean shape
- Glass work and external badging is of a high standard throughout
- Fitted with power steering, which absolutely transforms the driving experience, giving it a much more usable quality
- 1.8 litre B Series four cylinder engine resides under the bonnet, in good well kept order
- A rare overdrive car which is fully working in both 3rd and 4th gears
- Stainless steel exhaust fitted with lightweight manifold which provides an absolutely glorious engine note
- Professionally lowered to UK ride height
- New slave cylinder fitted
- New heater matrix installed
- Soundproofing fitted under the bonnet to reduce engine noise in the cabin
- The MG fires into life quickly and comfortably and in no time settles into a comfortable idle, providing an excellent engine note
- Long advisory free MOT for added mechanical peace of mind
- On the road the car provides a simply wonderful driving experience; lightweight and fun with the added practicality of power steering
The MGB GT has always been a popular car, there’s no question about that. Right from its introduction all those decades ago, the little GT has won the hearts of many car enthusiasts and lovers of truly excellent drivers cars. Cut forward to present day and the GTs have garnered all new levels of appreciation among classic car enthusiasts.
Certainly this is one of the more interesting MGB GTs out there, not only due to its Sebring front and rear bumper kit or even the Webasto full length rag top but because of the fitment of power steering which has thoroughly transformed and invigorated the driving quality of the car making it into a fun but also very usable classic sports car. Naturally TUG 52R will be at home on display at the local car show but is one that makes a wonderful candidate for regular use as a classic daily driver.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions