- Restoration in 2016-18
- Some mechanical upgrades
- Historic vehicle status
- Perfect promotional vehicle
Perhaps surprisingly, the Mini platform made for some very practical commercial and utility variants.
The panel van was ideal for deliveries, light loads and for tradesmen. It continues to be a sought after and practical classic.
Here we have a nicely preserved example of a Mini panel van. Having been restored just a few years ago and with some practical mechanical upgrades, this delightful little van is the perfect solution for anyone after a cheerful and useful classic.
Alternatively, it would make a great promotional vehicle for any business.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in July 1979 (late ‘T’ plate)
- Historic vehicle status - road tax and MOT exempt
- 40,097 miles indicated
- Mileage was 69,000 in 1999, MOT reading for 2008 was 37,145 - the owner believes a new engine may have been fitted during these years
- Partial restoration by Southside Mini Centre (2016-18)
- Photographic record of the restoration
- Current owner since August 2020
- Selling as the vendor now needs the space
- Black vinyl upholstery with red piping to the seats
- All of the vinyl presents very well, with no damage evident other than a small tear to the passenger seat
- Red carpets in the cabin, in good condition with no notable staining
- Headlining in the cabin appears secure and undamaged, with some staining
- Period Smiths gauges for temperature, speed and oil pressure
- All driving controls in nice, original condition, with appropriate patination
- Rear compartment in good, solid condition, with no evident damage to the surfaces
- Spare wheel and scissor jack present and correct
- Some surface corrosion to the fuel filler neck
- Smart Green paintwork (changed from grey in 1998)
- Paintwork appears to be in good order, with some minor blemishes and chips
- The fuel cap appears to be leaking as there is some petrol damage to the paint below the filler neck
- Bodywork is straight and tidy, with a small amount of bubbling to the driver’s side A-panel
- 12” Minilite alloy wheels, which all look to be in fine fettle
- Matching Yokohama tyres, all appear to be in nice condition with good tread
- Underside presents nicely, we could see only minimal surface corrosion in one or two places
- Brightwork looks to be in very nice condition, with no major blemishes and no damage
- All of the light lenses and glass areas appear to be in good order, with no cracking or chipping evident
- 848cc A-series engine
- Believed to have received a new engine between 2000-2007
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Converted to front brake discs
- Stainless steel exhaust system
- New radiator was fitted in the last month
- Engine bay presents in reasonable condition, with surface corrosion to some components and some historic coolant stains
- Vendor assures us the Mini drives very well, handling and stopping as it should
- We’re told there are no leaks, no smoke and no untoward noises or vibrations
The perennially popular Mini is a wise choice for anyone wanting to run a classic.
With simple mechanics, a wealth of support and widely available parts, they’re one of the simplest classics to keep on the road.
We think this commercial Mini van is a lovely little vehicle. Presented in clean and straight condition, with lots of original features and one or two choice upgrades, it would make for a very useful daily classic.
But beyond its utility, we think it’s a deeply alluring vehicle, restored to a good standard and presented in a fetching colour scheme.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions