*** Interested parties should note, this vehicle was subject to a CAT N insurance loss in 12/2022 ***
- 5 Litre V8
- Nice all-round condition
- Timeless pillarless luxury coupe
The SEC was the coupe version of the range topping executive and luxury Mercedes S Class saloon, so it had all the luxury, performance and technology of the S, but in the shape of an elegant pillarless coupe.
There’s no huge history that comes with this 500 SEC, but it appears to be a good solid example of the timeless Coupe that has had a lot of money spent on it at sometime in its recent past.
Involved in an accident whilst innocently parked, the car has been recorded as a Cat N, but the repairs required to a wheel, the front wing and a door has been completed to an excellent standard, and it’s now ready to be driven away. NOTE: Image of the previous damage can be seen in the image gallery.
This is a great classic V8 Coupe that will be able to be registered as an Historic vehicle very soon being almost the magic 40 years old.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 1983
- MOT expires 23/04/2024
- V5c present
- Full size spare
- Full Black leather interior
- Seats and interior trim do show signs of wear and the driver’s electric seat control switches are part missing
- Carpets are worn in the usual places but have been protected by fitted over mats
- Front and rear headrests
- Air conditioning currently not working so will need attention – possibly needs re-gassing
- Sunroof – currently not working so will need attention
- The headlining has some staining which may benefit from a good steam cleaning
- Electric heated and memory seats
- Electric windows
- Clean and dry carpeted boot
- Wood centre console and door inserts
- The interior needs some refreshing and a good valet but should come up nicely
- Good condition Mercedes Silver paintwork with only the odd stone chips around the front and some scratches and scuffs to the bumpers
- The offside side trim looks a little displaced but otherwise the car stands straight and true
- The alloy wheels all look nice and clean and all four tyres have lots of miles left on them
- Lights all nice and clear and without damage
- Good overall condition with some cosmetic touching-up needed in places
- 5.0 litre V8
- Automatic gearbox
- Clean engine bay
- Solid underneath
- Vendor advises that the car drives well with no issues to report
Most certainly a very desirable and timeless classic, the Mercedes 500 SEC is an outstanding GT with a great record for engineering and durability, and with some small cosmetic work in places this example would be back to its former glory in no time at all.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions