- A handsome example in very presentable, usable condition
- 2.5-litre straight-six coupled to a five-speed manual gearbox
- Valid MOT until October 2023
The second generation 3 Series or E30 in BMW-speak remains one of the marque’s most elegant designs to date. They’re great cars to drive too, with a small footprint, low mass and a range of capable drivetrains to choose from, the E30 was a strong seller and remains a popular classic.
This 1991 325i is a rather fine Baur convertible, providing a further degree of fun to the driving experience while fixed roof sections ensure this car’s rigidity isn’t compromised. Moreover, this particular car features a five-speed manual gearbox, making it a particularly choice model from the expansive E30 range.
Presented in very good overall condition with an MOT valid until October 2023, don’t miss the chance to own this lovely convertible BMW.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered on 15th March 1991
- Acquired by the represent owner in 2010
- Valid MOT until October 2023
- V5C present
- Numerous service stamps in the original service book
- A large collection of invoices for parts and servicing accompanies the car
- Some invoices and notes in the service book reference cam belt changes
- The indicated 79,720 miles on the odometer is supported by recent MOT history
- Grey cloth upholstery in really fine condition for its age
- All the door trims look to be in nice condition
- The vendor informs us that the seat fabric is unmarked and it certainly looks very smart
- The simple dashboard design has aged very gracefully and still looks great
- All of the plastics appear in good order and we couldn’t see any obvious signs of damage
- From what we could see, the carpeting does not seem to be excessively worn under the aftermarket protective mats
- All the instrumentation and switchgear looks to be in fine order
- Modern JVC stereo with removable fascia
- Besides a slight sheen to the steering wheel, there’s very little wear to the controls
- In the boot, the original tool kit can still be found along with the factory first aid kit and a warning triangle
- Attractive grey paintwork
- Straight bodywork with no obvious signs of damage besides a light crease along the lower edge of the offside door
- Folding fabric roof in good condition
- The vendor points out a small split in the rear window which is currently sealed by a sticker
- We’re informed the roof is watertight
- Slight micro bubbling on boot lip under spoiler and some lacquer lifting on the lower edge of the offside door
- The floor pans and sills appear very sound underneath and we couldn’t see any corrosion
- The alloy wheels present well with very few imperfections
- 2.5-litre straight-six
- Five-speed manual gearbox
- Equipped with power steering
- Fuel injected
- The vendor informs us that the car always starts on the first turn of the key
- The vendor reports that it runs well, and pulls strongly with no untoward noises or faults
The handsome Baur convertible is a great choice for anyone who enjoys the E30 3 Series’ styling and driving characteristics, but craves the feeling of freedom and connectedness to your surroundings that only an open top car can provide.
This smart example would be an excellent choice and is made particularly appealing by its manual gearbox.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions