- Limited Edition 851
- Dry stored last 12 years
- Rare and desirable race-bred Ducati
Featuring the red, white and green paint scheme in homage to the Italian flag, the Tricolore (three colour) 851 was made in limited numbers, with only just over 200 being produced. Released in 1988 in celebration of Ducati’s racing success in the World Superbike Series, it featured some unique upgraded components such as an Ohlins rear shock, a Marvic magnesium rear wheel and a full titanium exhaust system, all of which improved the bike’s performance and added to its exclusivity.
This appears to be a recreation of that special edition, finished to a high standard. Fully serviced and running well, this Ducati was dry stored over 12 years ago, having had all fuel and the battery removed, and it is now available for auction.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 1990
- Mileage believed genuine
- One key
- No current MOT
- New V5c applied for
- Bike may require some re-commissioning and set-up prior to riding
- Three colour paint scheme echoing the Italian flag in good condition on all fairing, tank and panels
- Single seat
- Some light signs of use but no damage anywhere
- Slight crack in the rear light lens
- Tyres look good but are over 12 years old
- Bodywork and decals all present and correct
- Switchgear shows signs of light use
- Overall very clean and original looking bike
- Surface corrosion here and there that will be easily polished away
- 851cc 4-valve, liquid cooled V-twin with Desmodromic valve system
- Developed for racing
- Brembo disc brakes
- 6-speed gearbox
- Fully serviced and running well prior to its storage, the 851 should fire up when a new battery and fuel are added
Developed for racing the Ducati 851 is now an increasingly rare and sought-after motorcycle that, with its upgraded components and racing pedigree makes it a very desirable motorcycle for collectors and enthusiasts alike.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions