- Very well maintained example, with fantastic service history
- Presented in excellent, original condition, with very few signs of age
- Runs and performs brilliantly, with MOT until May 2024
- Perfect for summer top-down motoring, and as an ideal collection piece
- Widely regarded as one of the most enjoyable classics to own, with ease of maintenance, and plenty of available parts
The E30 is perhaps one of BMW’s most praised platforms yet, known for its iconic styling, impressive build quality, and signature BMW performance. The E30 has also deservedly gained notable admiration from both collectors and enthusiasts alike, for having hosted the very first M3 performance model, a vehicle forever immortalized in the automotive history books.
Presented today is a brilliant opportunity to enjoy the E30’s characterful nature with the added benefits of a manual transmission, and foldable soft-top hood. With no known major restoration work to mention, this gorgeous Laguna Green 320i convertible has been incredibly well cared for over the years, and now offers a truly remarkable finish for its age. In addition to reflecting plenty of interior & exterior care, this 320i also benefits from fantastic maintenance history, with regular servicing, and an array of preventative maintenance.
If you’re on the search for your next eye-catching collection piece, or simply fancy some top-down cruising in style this summer, this 320i convertible should be your first choice.
The History and Paperwork
- Offered in mostly original condition, and beautifully preserved
- Benefits from an excellent maintenance record, with full service history
- Boasts a fantastic selection of paperwork and documentation, including:
- A collection of previous MOT certificates dating back to 1999
- A vast array of invoices detailing previous maintenance & repairs
- The current V5C document
- Also includes the original BMW booklet pack, and 2 keys
- Does not include the pictured private registration
- Comes ready to enjoy, with MOT until 11 May 2024
- Offers very well preserved Uberkaro cloth upholstery
- Features rear headrests, and a 3-spoke leather-bound steering wheel
- Equipped with a Kenwood single-DIN head unit, and disc changer
- Includes the factory toolkit, and spare wheel within the tidy boot
- Presented in fantastic overall condition, with only very minor signs of age to note, such as light seat marking. The interior is a testament to both BMW’s legendary early build quality, and excellent care from the current, and previous keepers
- Finished with Laguna Green Metallic paintwork, and presented in fantastic order today, with only minor blemishes to note, including a few chips to the offside front wing
- Benefits from previous offside rear arch paintwork in 2016
- Equipped with 15” Style 5 BMW alloy wheels, which offer excellent finishes all around, with plenty of tyre tread left to enjoy
- Having likely been replaced over the years, the folding fabric soft top also offers a fantastic finish and folds away at the drop of a hat
- Includes a new rear BMW badge, ready to be fitted
- Overall, the vehicle stands in fantastic condition for its age, arguably as one of the finer road-going E30 convertibles available today. The minor blemishes present hardly detract from the overall finish, and could seemingly be tended to without great cost or hassle
- Considered by many as a true driving machine, offering a fantastic engine note, characterful handling, and plenty of usable power
- Powered by a 2L M20 straight-six, paired with a five-speed manual gearbox
- Runs & drives brilliantly, with only the current MOT advisories to note
- Benefits from regular servicing, and extensive recent maintenance, such as;
- A new reconditioned steering rack, cambelt, aux belt and water pump in 2015
- New front brake calipers, pads and discs in 2017
- New rear axle crossbeam bushes, new front arm bushes, a new O/S track rod end, and a wheel alignment in 2019
- A new timing belt, tensioner, and aux belt in 2020
- Deserves to be driven, and is more than ready to enjoy, with MOT until 11 May 2024
Through excellent care and thorough maintenance, this E30 now stands in fantastic condition, impressively retaining a great deal of its originality. The vehicle continues to excel on the roads too, offering a thoroughly enjoyable driving experience, exactly as BMW intended. When the sun is shining, not much can rival a well-maintained, manual ‘90s BMW, especially in convertible form.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions