- Genuine seven-seat 124-Series Mercedes
- Huge boot
- First registered in Jersey
- Terrific condition inside and out
The W124 is widely acknowledged as one of the last “proper” Mercedes-Benzes, built in a tradition of build quality over anything else.
The Estate versions – officially known as the S124 - are legendary, offering a great combination of practicality and understatement, as well as exceptional comfort.
They’re a very satisfying ownership proposition, being perhaps the most highly regarded variant of the most widely admired car Mercedes-Benz ever made, lauded for its bulletproof build quality and timeless design.
This one is a remarkable car. Unlike many S124s, which by definition live a hard life, it spent the first part of its life in Jersey and has since been kept on the UK mainland as a cherished car, rather than used heavily. It has covered 106,000 careful miles and is presented in gorgeous condition inside and out.
THE HISTORY AND PAPERWORK
- First registered in Jersey
- Partial service history
- Clear HPI report showing previous plate change
- MOT December 2022
- Only a few hundred miles covered since last MOT
- Documented body repairs and respray in 2009
- UK V5C
- Chocolate brown cloth trim
- No discernible bolster wear
- Excellent armrest with no notable wear
- Enormous boot
- Modern stereo upgrade
- Original first aid kit and tools
- Electric windows
- Fully functioning electric sunroof
- Unmarked headlining
- Very good door cards and carpets
- Unusual colour scheme
- No visible corrosion
- Documented repaint in 2009
- Excellent underneath
- All original trim and badges
- Very good alloy wheels
- 3.0-litre 177bhp straight six
- Four-speed automatic transmission
- Engages all gears well
- Genuine mileage
- Drives very well
- Smooth and lively performance
If you’re looking for a classic car that you can justify owning, then here it is – a car with timeless elegance and appeal that’s as happy doing the tip run as it is ferrying the in-laws around, while exuding class and nostalgic appeal.
Condition-wise, it’s lovely. Well-preserved and maintained when needed, but mostly original and in very smart, solid and attractive condition.
It’s the perfect dual-purpose classic that you can justify with your head as well as your heart.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions