- Smart and original unmodified 110
- Galvanised chassis
- 300TDi engine
- Very tidy inside and out
Few vehicles have such a cult following as the Land Rover Defender, but then not many vehicles can claim quite such an iconic status.
Directly descended from the original 1948 utility Land Rover, the Defender was the last of the 4x4 manufacturer’s truly classic models and has been growing ever more popular since production ceased in 2016.
This one is a 1994 110 Utility, but unlike many of its ilk, it hasn’t spent its entire life as a farm hack – indeed, while it was used as a business vehicle by its most recent owner, it was used for light duties only as was as much a hobby vehicle as it was a workhorse.
THE HISTORY AND PAPERWORK
- UK V5C
- MOT December 2023
- Three previous owners, but the past two were the most recent keeper and previously their limited company
- Service history not present as the majority of bills were retained by the business for tax relief purposes – but the 110 is said to have been well-maintained throughout its life and regularly serviced by the owner
- Three-seat front cabin
- Grey vinyl seats in excellent, unspoilt order with no rips or tears
- Rear load bay in good order with some scuffs and marks from use – lower part of luggage area is ply-lined
- Aftermarket Blaupunkt CD player with additional 50w roof-mounted speakers
- Tidy dash, floors and door cards
- Very clean and tidy order throughout, with mild signs of general wear and tear but nothing of any great concern
- Original Marine Blue
- Galvanised chassis fitted in late 2000s
- Appears sound underneath with some minor corrosion to floor pans
- Good overall paint finish with some areas of alloy oxidisation, notably on the rear door and front passenger door, but nothing of any major concern
- Minor marks, scuffs and dents all-round
- Slight bubbling around door hinges
- Excellent bulkhead with no signs of any corrosion
- Factory option front mesh light guards
- Rear tow bar and step
- Chequer plate protection to front wings
- Bonnet mount for additional spare wheel
- Excellent Michelin tyres all-round
- Aftermarket sliding side windows in rear
- 2,495cc 300Tdi direct-injection diesel
- R380 five-speed dual range transmission
- Starts and runs well, holds a steady temperature and engages all gears in both high and low range
- Brakes, steering and suspension appear fine but the Land Rover hasn’t been used much recently so a full check-over would be recommended before it is used in anger
- Said to drive well with no known issues
This is a genuine, honest and extremely original example of the Defender 110 in very good overall condition, while the galvanised chassis will add a further layer of reassurance to the next owner. Whether it’s kept original as a rare and unusual variant of 110 or is treated as a blank canvas to be converted into something beefier is entirely up to the new owner – but it’s a lovely example as it stands.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions