- Low mileage Sovereign in very original condition
- High specification model with the durable AJ16 4litre engine
- Just two owners from new, current owner since 2000
- Well maintained car with thick history file
When Ford bought Jaguar it introduced two very welcome changes - improved quality and a return to more traditional styling. The X300 benefitting from both and breathed new life into its successful XJ40 underpinnings.
As a result these models are becoming increasingly popular with enthusiasts, helped along by the AJ16 motor beneath the bonnet. Smooth and powerful, it has the added advantage of being particularly reliable.
This high specification Sovereign is a low owner, low mileage car with a superb history file. Smartly presented in Carnival red metallic, it is solid in all the right places and appears very original. Whether you plan to use it as a stylish daily driver or to engage with the enthusiastic owners’ scene, this example certainly stands out from the crowd.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered on 27th September 1995
- Just two owners from new, current owner since 29th January 2000
- Thick history file of old invoices and MOTs
- Full book pack in good condition
- Vendor states that the car has full service history
- Maintained annually during his tenure by independent Jaguar specialist Peter Godwin, ex-head mechanic for Lister Cars
- MOT to 10th November 2023 with minor advisories
- Vendor states that the MOT advisory for coil springs has been rectified
- Smart Nimbus grey leather interior with top Sovereign specification accoutrements
- Well preserved and very presentable interior showing only very light wear
- Leather seats well kept with no tears, rear seats appear virtually unused
- Only light wear to driver’s bolster and discolouration of seat base to note
- We were unable to check the heaadlining but there are no reports of sagging
- Odometer backlight, which is known to fade on this model, works correctly
- We are told that the LCD clock does not work
- Veneers in very good condition with no visible cracking or delamination
- Door cards reflect the rest of the interior
- Only light wear and small discolouration on driver’s door card to be aware of
- Some light sheen visible on the leather steering wheel
- Boot area in very good condition with no visible stains or marks to trim or carpets
- Space saver spare fitted
- CD multichanger in boot with Jaguar factory head unit
- Fitted with desirable optional cruise control
- Attractive Carnival Red metallic paintwork appears original and remains very presentable
- Front offside and nearside bumper corners are scuffed
- Otherwise there are light scuffs around the car but as the photos show, not unsightly
- Equipped with the popular steel electric sunroof option
- The car appears to be solid in the common X300 weakspots of wheel arches and sills
- Sits on smart factory correct alloy wheels in good, original condition
- There is some bubbling around the sunroof panel as shown in photos
- Chromework presents well and is complete with no visible deterioration
- Glasswork is unmarked and appears to be original, with no visible misting
- Lights are complete and undamaged with clear lenses
- Advisory for surface corrosion on underside on last MOT
- The underside shows surface corrosion but no obvious causes for concern
- The underside may benefit from a wire brush and wax oil regime to preserve the condition of this classic saloon
- Durable 3,980cc AJ16 straight six Jaguar engine developing around 245bhp
- 4spd ZF automatic gearbox
- Advisory for coil springs on last MOT that vendor says has been resolved
- Annually serviced during vendor’s 23 year ownership by independent Jaguar specialist
The X300 brought back classic Jaguar styling cues with the added advantage of improved quality. The Sovereign dialled up the luxury while the AJ16 powerplant delivered durability and effortless urge.
For all these reasons there are still plenty of X300s about, but it is rare to find one like this with low mileage, low owners and fastidious service history. Very usable and rewarding in a way only a Jaguar saloon can be, this Sovereign seems to tick all the boxes.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions