- The most luxurious car in the X308 range
- Premium appointments include ruched leather, walnut rear picnic tables and a Harmon Kardon sound system
- Nicely presented bodywork and interior with minimal signs of wear
Twenty six years on from the launch of the X308, these luxurious sports tourers are still a very tempting proposition. If you enjoy a bit of luxury as well as impressive turn of speed, the range-topping Daimler Super V8 is the one to have and here we have a smart example.
With the same supercharged V8 engine as the esteemed XJR, but with softer ‘touring’ suspension and a raft of luxurious appointments, this Daimler represents a sweet spot in the range as a perfect compromise between opulence and performance.
The vendor informs us that this particular example is very sound, with apparently no corrosion to be seen. The bodywork and interior both appear nicely presented and this Daimler still feels as premium today as it did back in 1998.
The History and Paperwork
- This car’s last MOT test was in October 2021, which it passed without advisories
- The vendor informs us that the mileage display on the odometer is warranted, which would mean this Jaguar has covered relatively little distance in its lifetime
- Full service history
- New MOT will be carried out upon sale
- Will be sold with reg R521 KDS
- Oatmeal ruched leather which the vendor informs us has been cleaned and fed
- Heating seats front and rear
- Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function
- Minimal wear to the seats besides the lightest of creasing
- The ‘D’ monogrammed headrests are a nice touch
- Slight wear visible on the electrically adjustable half-wood, half-leather steering wheel
- The vendor informs us that the car has sheepskin over rugs
- The carpets appear in good condition
- Highly figured veneers present really well
- Rear picnic tables finished in veneer along with the dashboard and door cappings
- All the switchgear appears in really nice condition
- Equipped with a Harmon Kardon sound system
- No signs of UV damage to the top of the dashboard
- The boot carpet is in good order and there’s ample luggage space
- Complete with tool kit
- Anthracite Pearl paintwork
- Chrome accents on the grille, side trims, bootlid, mirrors and door handles which all present well
- The paintwork presents well, with few obvious blemishes
- The vendor informs us that the body work has been subject to a 4 stage prep process finishing off with a ceramic sealant
- There is reportedly no corrosion to report and the bodywork appears really straight with uniform panel gaps
- The alloy wheels all present really nicely with hardly any marks and they’re shod with Bridgestone tyres
- From what we could see, the underside appears in good order and the vendor informs us it’s very smart underneath
- All the glass and light lenses present well
- Supercharged 4.0-litre V8 engine
- Five-speed automatic gearbox
- Softer ‘touring’ suspension developed for the Daimler
- The vendor informs us that it starts easily, runs well and drives impeccably with no faults to report
If you’re looking for a premium saloon with plenty of power and a supremely comfortable interior, look no further than this nicely presented 1998 Daimler Super V8.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions