- High specification
- Original condition
- Full leather Interior
- Electric convertible roof
- 4.0litre V8 engine
- Dry stored
The Jaguar XK8 is a car that is capable of intertwining sports car handling with grand tourer abilities. It’s incredibly fast and even more fun to drive thanks to the V8 engine that is packed away under the clamshell bonnet. It is said to handle better most other sports cars of its day whilst at the same time still manages to be civilised, with its formidable amount of comfort options and its sumptuous interior design.
THE HISTORY AND PAPERWORK
- Registered in 1998
- Jaguar and independent specialist service history
- Jaguar book pack and wallet
- Stamped service book
- Genuine 72992 miles
- Correct V5C
- Two keys
- Will come with full MOT
- Very well presented interior cabin.
- Ivory leather surrounds the cockpit of the XK8.
- The seats within the vehicle are presenting well. The drivers seat is showing signs of wear in places but we have no doubts this could be rectified with a clean to bring the leather back up to standard.
- Both front chairs are electrically adjustable.
- Added benefit of air-conditioning.
- Electric windows and door mirrors.
- The roof lining is in excellent condition.
- The optional part-wood steering wheel is looking fantastic for it’s age.
- The wood veneer trim looks great against the ivory leather.
- The door cards, carpets and dash look fantastic and show no obvious signs of wear or cracks.
- As far as we are aware, all the electronics within the vehicle are said to function as they were intended to do.
- The kick plates on the door sills are in excellent condition and feature Jaguar branding.
- Blue metallic paintwork looks marvellous and really has aged like a fine wine.
- The model designation badge looks great with no obvious signs of corrosion.
- All the panels around the car are straight and show no signs of dents or carpark dings that we saw.
- Alloy wheels fitted to the XK8 look to be in presentable condition but there are signs of minor scuffs to be aware of and some light signs of corrosion also. The centre caps appear to be aging well and look fantastic.
- The underside of the vehicle shows no signs of corrosion, that we noticed, although there is corrosion to be aware of on the nearside rear of the car.
- The lenses on the lights all look in good condition. We saw no signs of sun fading to any of the lenses.
- The convertible roof, externally is in great shape and is holding up well for its age. It goes up and down without any fuss or unwanted noises from any of the electrical motors.
- 4.0 V8 engine sounds amazing. It idles beautifully well with no blue or white smoke or unwanted noises.
- Rear wheel driven.
- We are told that the automatic gearbox performs as it should do. There are no knocks or bangs when switching between drive, reverse and park.
- The engine bay is presented well.
- The car is reported to drive as it should do with no known or apparent faults.
This is a wonderful, unmolested example of a real gentleman drivers car and modern classic. It has been well cared for and is presented in good order.
Inside, you are greeted by a plethora of creature comforts, enough that ensure you’re satisfied and kept in pure opulence whilst soaking up the lavish interior design that the XK8 offers.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check, to verify that they show no insurance database markers for damage or theft, and have no finance owing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection or delivery.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions