- Just 52,130 miles from new
- Very well looked after and beautifully presented
- Garaged and used very sparingly in current ownership
Renowned for its competence both on and off the beaten track, the Jeep Wrangler TJ would bring the traditional Jeep formula up to date with coil springs all round and a plusher interior. It’s distinctive silhouette can still be seen in Jeep products to this day and we’re delighted to offer this incredibly well-kept Wrangler TJ Sport.
Resplendent in its attractive Pacific Blue paintwork and with fewer than 53,000 miles on the odometer, this is amongst the smartest Wranglers of this vintage we’ve seen and it's clear that this Jeep has been very well cared for throughout its life.
The History and Paperwork
- Acquired by the vendor in 2014, following a long search for a smart, low mileage example
- We’re informed that it spent around 10 years as holiday home transport in Gozo where the dry climate proved very beneficial to its preservation
- It returned to the UK shortly before the vendor purchased it in 2014
- Reportedly garaged throughout current ownership which has clearly paid dividends
- The vendor has only covered around 3,000 miles during their ownership
- The current indicated mileage is supported by the MOT history
- V5C present and records two former keepers
- Current MOT valid until September 2023
- There’s a collection of invoices from past work and servicing
- Original book pack present
- The previous owner apparently fitted a new sound bar and plastic mats throughout the cabin
- Bestop seat covers have reportedly done a good job of keeping the original seats in nice condition since 2000
- There is some slight wear in a few areas, but nothing at all excessive for a vehicle of this age
- The dashboard remains in very good order and does not appear to be damaged
- We’re informed that all the electrics work correctly and the instrumentation appears in good shape
- All the carpeting looks really smart for its age
- Equipped with a Panasonic stereo with cassette deck
- It’s hard to believe this Jeep is now 24 years old, as it’s incredibly smart from every angle
- The previous owner apparently fitted a new canvas hood and side screens and they remain in really good condition
- Distinctive Pacific Blue paintwork presents really well
- The vendor points out a couple of superficial marks on the bonnet and one of the wheel arches, but this is not especially noticeable
- We’re informed that the underside is treated with Waxoyl and at a glance it appears incredibly smart, with no corrosion visible
- Fitted with a tow bar and trailer electrics
- No signs of accident damage or past repair work
- Sits upon attractive five-spoke alloys which are not kerbed or showing signs of deterioration
- The white lettered BF Goodrich tyres really suit the car and are reportedly in excellent shape
- All of the trims and bumpers present immensely well and the same can be said for the glass and light lenses
- 4.0-litre petrol straight-six
- Five-speed manual gearbox
- Four-wheel drive
- Equipped with a K&N air filter by the previous owner
- New battery fitted in 2022
- The vendor informs us that the Jeep always starts first time and runs well and drives nicely, with no faults to report
- These Wrangler TJs are very capable off-road vehicles, but are also surprisingly civilised on the road too, making them very usable
Wranglers of this period should certainly be considered a modern classic and this is a particularly fine example, the likes of which we seldom see.
Beautifully presented and with very few miles on the odometer, don’t miss the chance to become this Jeep’s next owner.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions