- Desirable 4WD Turbo 2000 model
- Lower mileage example with just over 64 thousand miles displayed
- Genuine UK market car
In regards to affordable, usable performance in the 1990s and early 2000s, it's safe to say nothing came close to a Subaru. Circa 5 second 0-60 times in a four door, impressively usable and notably cheap package, Subaru were operating at their absolute peak and were near enough untouchable in that sector of the market, resulting in an impressive and devout following which still remains strong to this day.
Whilst the world of collectible Subarus can seem vast and confusing to some, the general rule of thumb among collectors is to stick to quality UK market cars and that is precisely what we have in W249 RNC. A Turbo 2000 model, desired for its dynamic prowess and incredibly raw feel, this dashing silver example presents as an alluring pathway into the world of Subaru ownership, with a host of welding and mechanical work performed and just over 64 thousand miles on the clock, it's certainly one of the better examples out there and will no doubt be a welcome addition to the driveway of a new loving owner.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered 19/04/2000
- Genuine UK market car, highly desirable on the collector market
- Just four owners from new
- Subaru book set present
- Subaru service book containing several service stamps with the most recent being at 62,000 miles
- Two sets of keys
- Accompanied by a collection of invoices for servicing and maintenance work performed on the car including welding work
- Dry stored throughout current ownership
- Current MOT valid with no advisories until June 2024
- V5 registration document present with the vehicle
- Extensively original interior space, presented in fine form
- Quality black upholstery used throughout
- Seating front and rear is in great order with more sports focused bucket factory front seats
- Seating presents with limited signs of blemishing and instead just a gentle patina in places
- Rare factory three dial dash clocks
- Well upholstered door panels with contrasting blue fabric inserts and simple, quality door furniture
- Impreza Turbo 2000 floor mats
- MOMO four spoke sports steering wheel
- Interior switchgear is in fine fettle and is all understood to be in good working order
- High quality interior plastics, trims and mouldings, finished in a rich black hue
- Kenwood radio head unit
- Well sized carpeted rear boot area which holds the space saver wheel and relevant tool set
- Quality, impressively unmodified example from an aesthetic perspective
- Finished in a timeless silver hue with colour coded side skirts and bumper trims
- Paintwork is of a great standard with just some light marking commensurate with age to be seen
- STI decals
- External trim and badging is of a great standard throughout, presenting in good clean form
- Glass work and lighting is well preserved and of a high quality
- Four excellent 17” Prodrive alloys finished in a dark grey hue reside at ground level, having been recently refurbished
- Contrasting red brake callipers reside behind the aforementioned Prodrive wheels
- Factory boot mounted spoiler
- Fitted with a highly revered 2.0 litre turbocharged four cylinder engine
- Seen to be one of the most raw and engaging Subaru models to date
- Engine mated to a quality manual transmission
- The car fires into life well, with a quality engine note coming from the factory fitted Prodrive stainless exhaust system
- Upgraded 2 pot brake callipers have been fitted at the front end along with cross drilled upgraded discs
- Appears to be in good solid from, having had welding repairs to the sills before the underside was treated
- A great driving experience is reported from the Subaru however the vendor advises that one of the rear wheel bearings may require some attention as it is making a slight noise
- Recent service at 62,000 miles
- Advisory free MOT for added peace of mind
One of the most engaging cars of the era, wrapped up in a quality, surprisingly practical package. The Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 is a charming presentation of Subaru on top form and the example we have here is certainly one of the finer examples out there.
An impressively original, lower mileage, UK car, this is an Impreza that lends itself well to further preservation as an up and coming modern classic performance icon, but naturally courtesy of its quintessential Japanese build quality, would work very nicely as a stand out daily driver.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check, to verify that they show no insurance database markers for damage or theft, and have no finance owing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection or delivery.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions