- Desirable JDM model
- MOT to October 2023
- Optional C-Pack
- Unmodified, factory spec
Few engines have had the impact on the car scene that the VTEC series has. For decades now, it has been the go-to for reliable power that’s delivered in a visceral manner.
One of the finest cars to feature a VTEC drivetrain was the Integra DC5. It never made it to the UK or Europe, so the only right-hand drive examples you’ll see are JDM or Australian imports.
This is a JDM spec model which, as it has the more powerful 217bhp engine, is the one you want. Presented here in unmodified and factory specification, with a long MOT, this is an opportunity to acquire a rare and highly-regarded driver's car.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 2001 in Japan
- Imported to the UK in February 2014, all documentation completed
- 2 owners in the UK
- MOT to October 2023
- Comprehensive Japanese history file and original handbooks
- 2 sets of keys
- 120,500 Km (74,875 miles), according to the recent MOT
- Red suede and fabric Recaro bucket seats
- There is some wear to both front seats, and the outer bolsters of the driver’s seats have considerable wear and some tearing
- Black fabric rear bench looks in excellent condition, with no notable damage
- Red cabin carpets and matched overmats
- Headliner looks clean, secure and undamaged
- Optional factory ‘C-Pack’, which gives air-conditioning, a rear wiper, remote locking and folding door mirrors
- Electric windows and door mirrors
- We’re told that the passenger door and not do not lock
- Double din Panasonic stereo system with radio/CD/MiniDisc
- Generally the control, gauges and trim are in good condition for the age, with some minor blemishes and marks
- The boot is trimmed in grey carpet and contains a spacesaver spare
- Under the boot carpet, the floor and wheel well look to be in good order, with no corrosion evident
- Overall the interior condition is good, and appear to be unmodified
- Championship White paintwork with some minor scratches, scuffs and marks, but no major damage
- Generally, the bodywork and trim look to be in good condition, with no notable damage or corrosion that we could see
- The badging to the bonnet, boot and rear quarters has perished and would benefit from replacement
- There appears to be some damage to the off-side upper corner of the windscreen seal
- Original 17” ten-spoke alloys present and correct, but in need of refurbishment
- Underneath, the car looks solid and straight, but there is a light covering of surface corrosion on most surfaces
- 1,998cc iVTEC DOHC engine, delivering 217bhp
- 6-speed manual transmission with helical LSD
- Brembo brakes, with four-pot front callipers
- Engine bay appears to be clean and tidy, with no sign of leaks or damage we could see, although some of the rubber hoses look like they may need replacing
- We’re told by the vendor that the car drives well, accelerating nicely, braking straight and handling as it should
- It’s reported that the car has no leaks, does not smoke and has no mechanical issues the vendor is aware of
Few cars are as evocative, or as recognisable purely from the sound of their engines, as a Type-R. When that high-revving VTEC is wrapped up in the body of a JDM spec DC5, it’s even more desirable.
This is a solid, clean example that appears to be unmodified which can be enjoyed on your favourite B-road and, with some light fettling, will be ready to attend car shows.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions